TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit has the Borla Exhaust for our cars on clearance right now.
Here's the link. HERE

It was previosly priced at $892.95

Now its $637.50

·
8,239 Posts
even though thats a totally stainless system, 637 bucks is still stupid high.

You could have custom true duals done with mandrel for that amount, and magnaflows, maybe even highflow cats also.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
JustinH said:
even though thats a totally stainless system, 637 bucks is still stupid high.

You could have custom true duals done with mandrel for that amount, and magnaflows, maybe even highflow cats also.
I wish I could find a shop that'd do it that cheap..

I spent ~$300 for parts (inc. high flows) and around ~$600 for install.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
I wish I could find a shop that'd do it that cheap..

and around ~$600 for install.
:eek:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Stainless Steel = $$$$$$$$$$$$ :beek:

No way around it!!! :redmad:

The nice thing about Borla's (besides the sound) is that it will never go bad! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Anyone have a soundclip of the borla? exhaust?...

I'm going to pick one of these systems up and if i can't find a sound clip, i'll make one. hehe. I have the dynomax system in my garage and the flowmaster on my car right now and neither match my taste so hopefully this borla will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
96bird said:
That included high flow cats...

$367 for true duals.. High flows ran me around $150.. so more like $510, i just said ~$600 because i was too lazy to do the math!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ok here's the deal:

Summit racing has it on their site for $638, however this system was not available since May 2003. I had to contact borla and they said that there's 2 on their shelf and that they planned on making more systems. So i called summit back up and they said that they had to verify, and did. So now the purchasing department has to call borla and get a price quote to see if it's gone up or down in price so that they can add the system back into their computer database. Should get a call within the next hour or so.

Justin:

I had the dynomax on my car and the flowmaster delta flows and the flows still have a bit of drone. So i'm lookin at somewhere in between the two? More refined i'm guessing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ok guys, just got a call from Summit. There is 1 exhaust left on the shelves of the Borla warehouse (the other is being shipped to me) and borla DOES plan on making more. The price will remain the $638 through summit's website and they have added it to they're database as a current product. Total with the $8.95 fender mat i got along w/ it came to $660.40 shipped to NJ.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
That included high flow cats...

$367 for true duals.. High flows ran me around $150.. so more like $510, i just said ~$600 because i was too lazy to do the math!!

The way you posted it though was like you paid 600 to get it installed..... That is what I was :eek: about.

·
Registered
744 Posts
i wish i had the cash for the borla. nice system. stainless steel. no cutting. plus looks like some nice tips.

the art system is cool too, being true dual w/ an awesome x pipe. but don't forgot that system you need to buy cats ($200) or go w/o, plus you'll need a chip or MIL elimantors or you'll have a little red light to deal with.

·
Registered
744 Posts
94birdnj said:
The price will remain the $638 through summit's website and they have added it to they're database as a current product.
not any more, current price via summit: $914.99, temp out of stock.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yeah i noticed that as well. I guess they were taking too much of a loss w/ the $638 price and since it's a current product through borla they boosted the price back up. I'm glad i got mine when i did. Thank god for credit cards :tongue:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I, for one, will be buying an ART exhaust. I don't think someone taking the time to make a custom exhaust for an MN12 is a "waste". :rolleyes:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
My point was that unless you have kooks, you can easily make an exhaust systeem that will outflow your manifolds or JBAs for alot less than the ART system. The ART system is great for those who need it, but most on here don't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts