TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL!!! I love it when I get the change to biatch slap my boss!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I was supposed to be on a rather important conference call yesterday afternoon and I was late (which I NEVER am). So my boss comes storming down all bowed up because I wasn't there....

I have a phone in my ear as he comes strutting into my office and says, "Why aren't you in the meeting?!??!?"

Releasing the push to talk button, I calmly reply: "Because I’m currently on a conference call with 12 other technicians who are positioned at various points on the planet trying to fix a failed OC-48 to Kwajalein Islands. The failed circuit is delaying a missile launch test and the delay has been escalated to O-8 level visibility. Where do you want me?"

“OH, ok. Keep up the good work…” as he slinked out… :zdevil:

I do have a good boss and I talked to him once we got the circuit fixed. He apologized and said he should have figured it was something important. :thumbsup:

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
My boss is great. Most of the time I don't even know he's around. As long as we're doing our work, he lets us do our thing. Most of the time when he does come over, it's to harass me for driving Fords.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I keep a pen above my ear @ work. When my boss gets annoying I say "Excuse me...." and pull the end of the pen down towards my mouth like it's a mic and pretend I'm talking to someone about some urgent emergency they're having and say "Uh huh....you did what? Who told you to do that? Awwww, jeeez.....I'll be right there. DON'T light a cigarette!" then give a "Gotta go" to the boss and peel.

:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
LOL!!! I love it when I get the change to biatch slap my boss!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I was supposed to be on a rather important conference call yesterday afternoon and I was late (which I NEVER am). So my boss comes storming down all bowed up because I wasn't there....

I have a phone in my ear as he comes strutting into my office and says, "Why aren't you in the meeting?!??!?"

Releasing the push to talk button, I calmly reply: "Because I’m currently on a conference call with 12 other technicians who are positioned at various points on the planet trying to fix a failed OC-48 to Kwajalein Islands. The failed circuit is delaying a missile launch test and the delay has been escalated to O-8 level visibility. Where do you want me?"

“OH, ok. Keep up the good work…” as he slinked out… :zdevil:

I do have a good boss and I talked to him once we got the circuit fixed. He apologized and said he should have figured it was something important. :thumbsup:
Ahhhh, Kwajalein. The closest I ever got was Johnston Island (JI). I hear it's a beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful place. Where all the Gov. types go to pretend their working and instead take a nice island vacation. :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts