TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having both sides UCA, LCA (maybe just ball joints depending on LCA and bushings condition), and front shocks replaced. Using MOOG for U and LCA; Monroe for shocks. Car has 87K , with original front and rear suspension. Should I just have rear shocks done also?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,569 Posts
Considering the rear shocks are only about $25/ea. I'd say "why not?" They only take about 20 minutes to replace. If you're making the front of the car ride like new again, may as well make the whole car ride like new again.

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
I second the "rear shocks also".

However, they're fairly easy and safe to do with a set of ramps (back rear up on ramps, open trunk, remove top mount, crawl under, remove lower mount and shock, put new shock up through opening and mount lower, crawl into trunk and reinstall upper) so rather than have them done, it's a perfect do-it-yourself with appropriate tools and a ramp. Or if you're skinny enough to fit underneath without the ramp.

Hmm. RockAuto doesn't list Monroes for the back, but the AC/Delco shcoks are under $20 for a 1991 (same shocks will fit), and the more expensive KYBs are only $24. Gabriels are not quite $30 ... each, but still.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,569 Posts
I've got the sensa-tracs on all fours and I'd venture to say it feels close to stock (perhaps someone else can confirm). The rears are $22.79 and the part number is 5565. Rockauto also seems to have the OE Motorcraft shocks as well (non sport) for $30.79; part number ASHV1014.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yeah do the rear shocks too. I went with Monroe all the way around when I redid my suspension earlier this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts