TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just a quick question..

Does anyone use an electric bottle opener on their setup? Im really considering getting one... i despise walking to the trunk everytime i want to spray.

I use a 24 lb NOS bottle with my setup, and Holley (NOS) sells two types of bottle openers for their bottles.
One is a solenoid style, which attaches right after the bottle and works just like the ones under the hood. using this type i would think that means you would leave your valve open on the bottle at all times..?
The other is (aside from 100$ more) one that physically opens the valve on the bottle itself. I would think this option is a little bit safer?

Please correct me if anything i said is inaccurate :tongue:

just looking for past experiences and opinions, thanks :D

Links:
http://www.holley.com/14168NOS.asp

http://www.holley.com/16058NOS.asp

top one is the physical one, bottom link is the solenoid style

now the description in the link is the same for both, however if you open the online catalog/go into online manual you can see the differences.

·
Super Moderator
12,577 Posts
Hey everyone, just a quick question..

Does anyone use an electric bottle opener on their setup? Im really considering getting one... i despise walking to the trunk everytime i want to spray.

just looking for past experiences and opinions, thanks :D
Just sell your NOssssssssssssss and buy a SC, then you won't have to walk to the trunk everytime you want boost. All you'll have to do is put your right foot down. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I happen to enjoy my 4.6:) i just wish it made a little more power...
But yeah, if the bird didnt cost me an incredible 500 bucks i would have opted for a sc (in hindisght with all my new knowladge of course)
but i couldnt pass 500 for the bird.

·
Super Moderator
12,577 Posts
I happen to enjoy my 4.6:) i just wish it made a little more power...
But yeah, if the bird didnt cost me an incredible 500 bucks i would have opted for a sc (in hindisght with all my new knowladge of course)
but i couldnt pass 500 for the bird.
No doubt. You can't beat that.

Good luck working out your bottle problem.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
PN:14168 would be my choice, if you can handle the expense.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I think he ment get a supercharger not a stupidcoupe. Lonewolf has a svo for 2k for sale. But IMO I wouldn't waste my time or money with one of those remote openers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do not insult the supercoupe!

&i wont supercharge my thunderbird until i swap in a 4 valve... seeing as i already have a 4v supercharger in my garage.

&well when you have a GTO pull up next to you and rev his engine, you want that extra hp... and you cant exactly go open the trunk in the middle of the road...

·
Super Moderator
12,577 Posts
So, sell your NOS and get a 4Valve. Since you've already got the SC ready to go!

LOL I've wooped up on a GTO (G8) once before ....

Check out this video at 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30wRW1PmE9c

I tell ya, you don't know what fun you're missing! ... When the Camaro Guy pulls into the pits to pout while you go get back in line to humiliate ANOTHER Camaro. :)
(I beat both the green Camaro and in the following run the black Camaro that is behind me in the linked photo.)

http://youtu.be/YLsN9CViJaM

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
and you cant exactly go open the trunk in the middle of the road...
you mean you didnt open it already and have the bottle heater on to get it to optimum temp/bottle pressure

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my thunderbird is my DD... im 18... a 4 valve swap isnt exactly realistic at this point. With school and work i dont have the time. N2O was a simple quick way for some more power.

&no, i dont leave the bottle open when i drive to school, or to work.

but by the way, great vid :)

·
Super Moderator
12,577 Posts
Thanks Austin.

Hang in there guy. It'll all come together in time.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
my thunderbird is my DD... im 18... a 4 valve swap isnt exactly realistic at this point. With school and work i dont have the time. N2O was a simple quick way for some more power.

&no, i dont leave the bottle open when i drive to school, or to work.

but by the way, great vid :)
Don't feel bad man. I still don't have at least a PI intake manifold on my car yet. However, I'm taking a different approach...suspension first. After that, gears and track-lok. The engine is going to be the last thing I screw with, ideally.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Don't feel bad man. I still don't have at least a PI intake manifold on my car yet. However, I'm taking a different approach...suspension first. After that, gears and track-lok. The engine is going to be the last thing I screw with, ideally.
nothing wrong with that.
I too am building the "car" first.

Motor will come later.
Its hard to properly handle and get use of tojns of power, if the rest of the car is not up to par.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
nothing wrong with that.
I too am building the "car" first.

Motor will come later.
Its hard to properly handle and get use of tojns of power, if the rest of the car is not up to par.
Agreed. Really the last thing that I am doing anything major with is my engine. I figure it might take a little while to get up to speed, but with a decent suspension I can maintain it pretty well. I'm getting my exhaust done next month while I accumulate parts for an M5OD swap. The last thing that I am doing to replace the 3.8 with a 302 but that's looking into the future. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'm in the same boat here, been doing up the car first, I'm still rockin the stock '95 4.6L with the abomination of an intake ford put on it. A lot of us are young and can't afford all the go fast goodies yet, but the body is a good place to start! I remember when I was 16 and the first thing was an intake filter, then it progressed from there one dollar at a time. Just be patient and take things slow and set a realistic goal for the car.

I never expected the cougar to be where it is today with a full out race suspension and custom rims , a TR-3650 5 speed swap and all the other goodies I have. I'm only 20 too. Just be patient and do things right! Don't go cheap or do anything to compromise reliablity! NOS isn't always the answer ;) Until later of course!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts