TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a numerical FYI for those who may be curious... I was working on wiring up my bottle heater and purge system this evening, so I took my about half full bottle of nitrous at about 40*F and hooked my gauge up to it...pressure was about 300 psi...talk about low. Good thing I got a heater huh?

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea i got my bottle filled up today for the first time since october and put my new pressure gauge on it and it was reading about 250-300 psi also. put the bottle blanket on it and turned the heater on and got it up to around 850-900 psi.

Frank

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I can't wait to try mine out. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get to that point

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea i had the heater. just got ther bottle blanket though. i'd definitly recommend getting a blanket. it seems to keep my bottle pressure about 50-100 psi higher than when i was runnign without it. the one i got is by nos and its insulated so it doesnt let the heat dissapate like it used to.

Frank

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My bottle using the NX heater can get upwards of 1200 psi, even in 30 degree track weather.

15lb nitrous express bottle, small 4-6" wide NX heater, and no blanket

I did find a neat trick from a friend of mine, if it is freezing out, bring the bottle inside and soak it in a tub of warm (not HOT) water for a little while, will help the bottle heater tremendously in trying to get rid of the chil.....yea the bottle blanket helps as well of course. but I dont have room where my bottle is installed to use a blanket....

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
JoelBender said:
My bottle using the NX heater can get upwards of 1200 psi, even in 30 degree track weather.

15lb nitrous express bottle, small 4-6" wide NX heater, and no blanket

I did find a neat trick from a friend of mine, if it is freezing out, bring the bottle inside and soak it in a tub of warm (not HOT) water for a little while, will help the bottle heater tremendously in trying to get rid of the chil.....yea the bottle blanket helps as well of course. but I dont have room where my bottle is installed to use a blanket....

your nx heater is also a much bvetter heater than my ****ty zex heater. the nx is pressure controlled the zex is temp controlled. i'll definitly try the warm tub thing when i hit the track.

Frank

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
your nx heater is also a much bvetter heater than my ****ty zex heater. the nx is pressure controlled the zex is temp controlled. i'll definitly try the warm tub thing when i hit the track.

Frank
I've got an NOS heater that I reworked to use the NX pressure transducer. With the old NOS temp sensors the bottle pressure was only reaching 850 and now it maintains about 1000 psi. The only downside is that you have to remember to turn the bottle on or the pressure sensor can't read the pressure and will keep the heater turned on, no matter how high the pressure gets. I'm also using an NOS bottle blanket.

I didn't think the 15# bottle would fit without turning it sideways so I'm using a 10# bottle and have a spare that I refill whenever I swap them out. That way I've always got a full bottle in reserve.

David

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea i couldnt get my pressure any higher than about 850 psi last year and the nx heater is way outta my price range. so i got a nos bottle blanket for like $25 to see if it made a differance and it definitly does. pressure is consistently at 900-950 now. i might try switching my current heater to pressure controlled.

Frank

·
Registered
521 Posts
i bought a zex blanket/ bag, and it seems kind of chezzy. its just a thin velvet bag, is this going to help at all or is it just going to look cool.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
NUHBOY4.6 said:
i bought a zex blanket/ bag, and it seems kind of chezzy. its just a thin velvet bag, is this going to help at all or is it just going to look cool.
i beleive the zex one was just for looks and to prevent scratches on the bottle. thats the reason i went with the nos blanket. its insulated.

Frank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts