TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it. I have been looking for a SC for a long time a behold, I have found a Dark Camellion Blue 95 SC 5-speed that I just bought. I pick it up this weekend. It is very nice and in clean condition. How rare is the color changing paint (TA paint code) on these cars? Anyways, here are some pics.

·
8,239 Posts
neat, that is the one I always wanted, and have been looking for, for several years now.

That color is the best color that these cars come in.

Justin

·
Registered
209 Posts
Way to go SB, I picked mine up last Thursday. That is a good looking SC ya got there. You will love the car, it is definitely something special. Just be careful with wet tires, that back end heads right real quick.
GUN

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone...It is a real beauty and it has everything for the SC's except the car phone. I will enjoy this car for years to come...what a change over my old 3.8 v6.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just remember, 1 of 574. No matter what, always remember that. We have a special responsibilty with these cars. We have saved them from the ignorant public. Is there a 95 SC 5-spd registry or does someone around here need to start one?
GUN

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know of one but maybe we should start one? Who knows...all I know is that I am very happy with it and I am pretty sure that there were not that many made with the TA paint code...someone correct me on this if I am wrong. Very fun car...even more fun after all the mods I have waiting for it.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm trying to talk a guy out of his 94' 5speed with the TA paint code locally, I just seen the guy DRIVING it on SALTY/SLUSHY roads the otherday. If it was a 95' I'd really kick his ***. The Only was I would sell my 90 sc auto is to get a 94-95 5speed.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I'd like to see a 94/95 SC Registry started - just to see how many 5 speeds are left from each year. My dad's got a 94 SC 5 speed and we've figured that over the last 8-9 years, atleast 100-150 of the original 722 have been wrecked/damaged beyond repair and are now sitting somewhere rusting or possibly crushed and totally gone.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
oh boy. i almost bought that one. the only thing that put me off was its salvage title and the lack of detail for it that the previous owner gave. he couldnt give me much information as to why it had a salvage title. but i still bought a SC on saturday, an 89 5 speed.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have a 40th anniversary registry thats going ok. I can make a 95 SC, 5 speed one too in a week or so if no actual owners of one can do it. I have space for my 40th registry here and I can make a one page registry that I can host for now, unless someone has some space and would like to host it?

either way the way to start is to decide what things you want in the registry. The year and engine is a given. stuff like paint code,interior color, leather interior(or were they all leather interior?), and sunroof (not a big deal but kinda neat to know) are things I can think of off bat. Also if people are willing to you can get the last 5 digits of the VIN number to see production order.
The rest of the VIN for a 95 5 speed should look something like 1FALP64RXSH1xxxxx I have heard the "X" in there can be a number too.

-Shawn

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I could I would start one...but I don't have a way to host it. I don't know how. I would like to know how many are left though.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Congrats on your purchase from a fellow 95 5-speed owner. Here in the Toronto area, we have 4 active members of the Super Coupe Club of Ontario (including myself) that have 95 5-speed cars, as well as 2 94 5-speeds. One of the 95 cars is the chameleon blue like yours, awesome colour, but his is equipped with the portofino blue interior ... from the pics I think your car has the opal grey interior.

I had thought about perhaps starting a registry for the last of the 5-speed cars, as you say, it would be interesting to know how many are left around. My own website I'm getting going has lots of room on it, I could host something like that without any trouble. People who are interested in this please e-mail or p.m. me, maybe I should start a new post in this forum, and the Super Coupe forum to see what response we get. And obviously the SCCoA forum would be a good place for a similar post as well.

Please let me know if we should get the ball rolling on this ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
President, SCCoO
E-MAIL ME !!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Beautiful car, Ed. I nominate you to be the one to host the registry. I would do it, I have plenty of web space but my site isn't exactly car related. It would be nice for an old pro to handle it. Plus, I'm the slowest person in web history at updating. I get in moods where I update, then there are major lapses. I would seriously like to know how many are left.
GUN

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hey Ed, that is a sweet SC you have there. looking on your site gave me a idea for a possible NY meet, maybe doing it a Watkins Glen. I believe a couple others want to get a good size meet going for summer for NY area people. If you havent seen any threads on it already you might want to let us know if there are some people in the Canada side that might want to get in on it and make it a even larger meet. It could be pretty cool if we got a good meet going.
Anyways take care of that awesome car you have there,
-Shawn

·
Registered
166 Posts
Shawn40th

Shouldn't that read "64R" instead of 61R ? By the way, my '94 does indeed have a digit instead of the X.

'bird

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
tbird88 said:
Shawn40th

Shouldn't that read "64R" instead of 61R ? By the way, my '94 does indeed have a digit instead of the X.

'bird
Correct. I changed it. I knew that, for some reason I typed the wrong digit.

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I talked to the owner of the blue/purple 94 5speed at the car wash the Yesterday!!!!!!!!, and he was thinking of SELLING IT He has owned it for 3 years but the tranny is giving him fits (typical 5speed stuff) and he is said he would like to get 3000$ as is!!!!! The car has no rust and the paint is still pretty good on it yet (even though he drove it during the WINTER/salt season!!!!!)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
rancherlee said:
I talked to the owner of the blue/purple 94 5speed at the car wash the Yesterday!!!!!!!!, and he was thinking of SELLING IT He has owned it for 3 years but the tranny is giving him fits (typical 5speed stuff) and he is said he would like to get 3000$ as is!!!!! The car has no rust and the paint is still pretty good on it yet (even though he drove it during the WINTER/salt season!!!!!)
If your not interested, I might be. Anyone want to buy a rust free 96 v8 for $4400? :king:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts