TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, with gas prices rising, everyone is looking for something better on gas then what they have. I picked up my 2000 Ford focus for a cool $100 today :). Whats wrong with it you ask? It's got a few miles on it (433,xxx miles for a better idea, yea, thats a "4" at the front LOL). Its a little rusty, and has a ding in the RR and some paint chips. But hey, it runs!

It needs a little work to get back on the road, but I wouldnt really wory to much about this thing, its been in at my dealership for all of its services since brand new. It belonged to a pay phone company (a smaller company with only like 10 employees) and they used it to run around to their phones all over the place. This is their oldest focus, but I think their newest one still has 200,000 + miles on it.

I figured heck, even if it blows up right away, I should atleast double my money in scrap LOL.

I'll get some pics up once I get it inspected and bring this baby home :)

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Damn! I didn't know one of those little pieces of crap could make it to 400K miles! Is that on the original engine and trans?

If nothing else, at least you know its probably all highway miles, and the car was well maintained. Since you only paid $100, if it blows up, as long as the rest of it is in good shape, you could probably put a junkyard engine and trans in it, and still be ahead. Or you could always drop a 302/8.8 rear in it, weld a guard rail to the side, and go racing. Either way, enjoy.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...weld a guard rail to the side, and go racing. Either way, enjoy.
:D Now we're talkin'!

It is the original engine/trans, I know that we've put atleast one clutch in it, maybe two, but no more than two.

Our records in at work show that since new, they've put over $28K in service into this ol' turd, and from what we saw, the clutch is the biggest thing.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
When she finally pukes, I guess we'll get the shoe horn out and wedge this bad boy in eh?

Now that's what I call 10lbs of $#!+ in a 5lb $#!+box!

How's the interior or the car? Are the seats trashed and everything, or did they make their guys take care of things?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The interrior is decent. It has a newer driver seat in it that they put in from the original wearing out. But nothing is all stained up or anything, for the milage the interior is awesome.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
so about that whole it's impossible to put a 5.4l dohc in a tbird... this proves that with enough time and money, you can put any motor into any car ever. period.
The focus has a wider engine bay than an mn12, much easier to put in a focus than an mn12.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ok, but it still does prove that you can put almost any motor into almost any car. I really like that they put a rwd motor into a fwd car, makes it the ultimate sleeper. My buddy has a Tempo we were thinking of converting into a foxbody mustang copy. Now that would be a sleeper!

·
Super Moderator
17,048 Posts
Ok, but it still does prove that you can put almost any motor into almost any car. I really like that they put a rwd motor into a fwd car, makes it the ultimate sleeper. My buddy has a Tempo we were thinking of converting into a foxbody mustang copy. Now that would be a sleeper!
i've actually been toying with a tempo project as well, only i want to drop the taurus SHO motor into one:)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Is that really a blown V8 Focus?

And even if this things blows up in a few months for $100 your ahead.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I've been dreaming that one up too! Total sleep status with that combo. YOu might as well do it. Its original.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Theres this guy on a cavalier forum im on who put a northstar v8 in a cavalier, but kept it fwd, lol.

·
Banned
377 Posts
the focus kicks ass...my 06' ST owned my buddies lightly modded 94 gt stang in the 1/4 mile at our local drag strip...not alot of people know what an ST is (replaced the SVT)...so i got alot of WTF looks that night...everybody wanted to see my nitrous bottle, supercharger or turbo...nope...N/A....of course, i had all kinds of N/A mods to my 2.3 duratec motor...heres a link to all kinds of ideas for ur focus... www.focusfanatics.com ...the focus is a highly underestimated car...i constantly enjoyed proving people otherwise...lol...heres a pic of mine (R.I.P.)....you have a zetec motor, so yours is installed backwards from mine...there are alot more performance options for the zetec over the duratec....and for a 100 bucks!...damn.
you like my hood heat vents?..hehe...really helped to vent out some heat for my steeda SRI.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hells yeah! Awesome deal, even for scrap like you said and that focus is too much, holy crap.

jOe

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No plans on modding this car, as it has over 400,000 miles on it. The only modification that may be in the future for this ol girl is a trip to the shredder LOL.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts