TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys just thought id let u know that 2-night I bought a 1998 svt contour. Dark red it color. Very sharp lookin car. I pick it up either 2 morrow or this up comming saturday due to work. Hopefully 2morrow!! Well I just thought id keep you all up 2 date. And yes i know. THIS THRED IS USELESS WITH OUT PICS. lol im worken on it!

~UPDATE~ Pics!!
Note: Cars in the back ground are not mine. Pics not taken at my house

·
Registered
789 Posts
I drove one of those. The svt is pretty sweet. That six really gets up and goes. It's got a high redline that begs 2nd and 3rd gear chirps.

Dan

·
Registered
817 Posts
lol a contour svt. so the svt has like 5 more hp than the regular contour?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
ThomasR91169 said:
lol a contour svt. so the svt has like 5 more hp than the regular contour?
:leftright

And SVT is not just about a peak horsepower number, although I guess that's all you would care about. SVT focuses on the whole package; exterior, interior, handling, braking, acceleration, etc. The whole car is pretty sweet compared to a non-SVT.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats why I picked one up. The kids in this town arnt even going to know what it is. And thats what I want, it got kinda tireing in my cougar sitten at a light with a punk kid always talking crap and wanting to race.. I like to keep my racing at the track, so mayb the kids will shut up?? But thats not the real reason I bought the car. I got it because my cougar had 190,000 miles and I wasnt too sure how much longer she would last. Also, I needed a car that I could put a couple friends in and drive up to chicago with out filling up 3 times. I got all of that and still have a quick lil car. Im haven it delevered to my house on tuesday so I will try my best to get pics. Thanks guys.

Mike

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
I've been told the exhaust note is pretty raspy and cool in the higher RPMs, especially after you've been in "performance driving mode" and it's all nice and hot. ;)

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
Sweet pics! I'd swap out those rims though. The FRPP catalog has some really sweet rims for the Contour/Cougar.
Also, shoshop.com has some really nice parts for the SVT Contour, and right now they're working on Stage 2 and 3 power packages as well as a 3.5 liter upgrade package....if you ever feel the need to play with it that is. :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips man. Its a great fealing buying a newer car and not haven payments :D .. First thing to get done is window tint, then rims. Thats all I have planned right now. Thank you for the compliments.

Mike

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I wouldn't mind an SVT Contour. There's times I wish I had gotten another car for daily driver instead of my Ranger. Only problem is having a daily driver that's faster than my weekend car :D

Looks nice - cept for the rims. I don't exactly like the rims, but the rest looks good.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
1Bad-95Cougar,

Get in touch with 91hellcat. He just got a SVT Contour as well. He would love to talk to you about your car.

By the way... the car looks awesome!

-Kornhaus

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
im actually buying one of those this week also.. 1998 silver frost one (i cant get away from silver).
this is the exact one im picking up:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They made them in 98, Mine is a 98 also. Unless the guy who sold it to me made a typo of course. Thats awesome that your getting one too!! Congrats.

Mike

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts