TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to hook this up? I think there are five wires and I'm sure for some of them there are a few spots I could tap. Whats the easiest way to do this? I need power, lights, acc and ground as well as the coil signal. Where is that? its a base 3.8 BTW so its got a distributor.

any tips would be great I'm not even sure were to go thru or if I can get everything from in the car or what.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
when I hooked up mine, I went directly to the battery for positive and negative, to avoid interference by attaching my neg to the ground. and I put the coil wire of the actual coil (follow the center wire from the distributor) I believe it will be a green wire, it will be on the driver's side of the plug in, it has 2 wired crimped together, one coming in, and that one goes out the same terminal. Clear as mud?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm yeah except your draining the battery with the tach lights on even when the car is off! That doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
105 Posts
no, for the light, i tapped into my headlight wire, on the back of the bulb/housing. it should be red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts