TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, as the title says. As much as I loved the T-Bird, I really, really wanted a 4x4 truck I could redneck out. I actually still have the Bird, if anybody's looking for a 95 LX V8, but that's a discussion for the For Sale forum. Anyway, I wanted to stick with Ford (of course), wanted a 4x4 with at least a V6, at least an extended cab, 2001 or later, under 50k miles and under $16k. Well, up in Seattle, I came across a 2001 4x4 Sport Trac, with 43k miles for $16k. Blue book was almost $19k. I have to say I'm very happy with it so far. It has the 4.0L SOHC V6, and a 4.10 rear diff. Sad to say it almost feels faster than the Bird, and has about the same gas mileage. It came with a factory bed extender to add an extra 2' to the bed, a bed liner, running boards, and 6 disc CD changer. I looked at Ford Ranger's as well, but that back seat is absolutly useless and the amount of time that i'm carrying people, or stuff I want inside, the Sport Trac made more sense. F-150s as much as I want one were a little out of my price range for what I wanted.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
well, at least it's a ford, good luck with it, man, later'z......:D

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
MadCanadian said:
Sad to say it almost feels faster than the Bird, and has about the same gas mileage.
Weird...maybe it's just me though...my dad's 03' feels no where near as fast as the Bird does. They're pretty nice though, I think my dad's has every option...they're pretty loaded.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
MadCanadian said:
I looked at Ford Ranger's as well, but that back seat is absolutly useless and the amount of time that i'm carrying people, or stuff I want inside, the Sport Trac made more sense. F-150s as much as I want one were a little out of my price range for what I wanted.
I know what your saying - I've got an 01 Ranger and sometimes wish I had gotten a Sport Trac so I could actually use the backseat. Since I'm single and most of the time, only have one person that rides with me - having a useful backseat wasn't high on my priority list. The 4.0L SOHC is nice with the 4.10's. When I was still N/A, it did feel faster - but with the low end torque of the SC, it doesn't feel faster anymore :D

-Andy "Melon"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts