TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine knew that my rear tires were poor boy drag slicks so he told me about his friend who sold his mustang and kept the tires off of it because they only had 3000-4000 miles on them and he wanted a return on his investment. I got 4 lightly used (off of a v6 automatic) nitto invo 255/50/17's. For now I'll be swapping out the rears but in the up coming weeks I'll rotate one forward and modify the upper control arm stud accordingly and have all 4 matching. Best part $250. Not bad! I'll post pix after they are mounted sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Not really all that weird. Rweally probably a good tread pattern, narrow, high angled tread should increase the footprint while promoting better water evacuation than if that large center bock as solid.

Plus, there's weirder looking tread pattern, IMHO, Like the Falken Azenis RT-615, or the top line Bridgestone Potenzas, the now-retired RE-01R, which I have, and the current RE-11

But my all time winner for the weirdest looking tire is the [url="http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0040626375629_LG.jpg]BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW[/url]

(es, I am a bit of a dork when it comes to tires. I blame it on autocross)

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the rears mounted and balanced today wow such an improvement. They just keep gripping. I was concerned about fender rubbing but they seem fine, I've run the through big dips, fast corners, and weaving patterns with no rubbing. I'm excited. Yes I'm an autocross tire geek as well. These were refered to me by a couple of corvette guys. Also the 255/50/17 doesn't look that big until it's on the car lol

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ps if bfg made that g-force t/a kdw in my size I'd run them in a heart beat lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts
my brother has those the g-force t/a kdw on his SC,my brother said they really like to grip the road and they really do look mean

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts