TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1981 Bronco with 351M/400 and a C6 tranny. Its pretty bare but doesn't have pretty much any rust at all except for on the tailgate has minor rust. Needs quite a bit of work done to it, but the 4x4 works fine and the tranny shifts good. I may never get a DOHC or Exploder swap done now. Sucks being broke, lol. Heres a couple pics the day I picked it up.

And the legendary corn silos everyone love, lol

C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why? My friend bought a 93 and I just scratched my head. Good luck.
Why what? Why buy a Bronco? Because I wanted one. I didn't konw I needed your consent. Just posted this so the people I actually care to talk to can see it.

C.Hill

·
Super Moderator
11,007 Posts
I like it! :D

So, grain silos= no mountains or what? :confused: That truck doesn't look like it's ever been off-road; kinda too nice for the woods. :)

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like broncos. It does look like it needs work, but the body looks good. Does it run/drive well?
It does need work, bt then again I only paid $900 for it. 4x4 works fine, C6 works real good, 351m runs decent. ANd as far as driving well it does, only thing I think the carb is running rich and its about to fumigate me out while driving, lol. But virtually no rust, O and it is from Wyoming, which is probably why no rust, they don't use salt on their roads. But being from Wyoming it does have a Block heater which I was excited about, but no A/C which sucks, but I bought it for a winter vehicle.

C.Hill

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice man.

Oh, and about the silo's, I like those too. I am from central Illinois, and miss home.

Jamie

·
Registered
131 Posts
:confused: Where's the alternator? Not bad. It's just screaming for a spray bomb camo paint job and some 33x12.5s:D

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nice man.

Oh, and about the silo's, I like those too. I am from central Illinois, and miss home.

Jamie
As do I. Arizona reminds me too much of Afghanistan.

Nice looking Bronco. Should clean up nicely.

·
Registered
523 Posts
as for the carb running rich autozone/pep boys usually sell carbs for a reasonable price

or doing a rebuild on the factory one isnt to hard to do

put a nice cam in there and a set of headers :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That is cool! I like it a lot!

Get a catalog from LMC Truck, I bet they will have all the interior and exterior pieces you need. Most of the time, the prices are fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Broncos Rule! Explorers and Expiditions can't compare. Yours looks like it's in fine shape. Way to go!! Tailgate rust at the bottom was always a problem with the Bronco. Also the window wireing can be a mess too. My Dad had an '84 XLT with the 351, C6. Dark blue and white trim. Absolutely gorgous, until the accident ('91). He went broadside (drivers side) into a telephone pole and it nearly killed him. After he recouped, he bought a '87 Red and white XLT with the 5.0. He transplanted the 351 in it. But he yanked the the EFI in favor of the carb. Then he sharpened it up with the soft top, lighted full length visor mounted on the roof, star rims, and put a Lock Right in the rear, along with a few other touches. But then he decided he wanted to put the EFI back in. So He then bought a '88 XLT for a referance to help him transfer it back. But alas, he died before he could do it. He rebuilt the 5.0 (with flea market aquisitions) and it still sits in the garage on the stand. Maybe one day when I'm financially able, I can get it done. Good luck with your new project. Parts aren't that hard to find if your diligent. Places like Carliles, Englishtown, etc. are good places to look. And don't forget about yard sales, flea markets.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
It looks alot better than the Bronco that I had. It was green, white, and rust :D but I loved it.

Bronco's are awesome - I'd love to have another one. I'd prefer to find another 78/79 with 351/4spd.

-Melon

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:confused: Where's the alternator? Not bad. It's just screaming for a spray bomb camo paint job and some 33x12.5s:D
Alternator is farther down, it is just the typical Ford universal alternator bracket.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It is a big project, and I will spend plenty of time in the junkyard I think. My main reason for this is I wanted an older vehicle as well as a 4x4 so I can finally park the Bird in the winter (she just turned 90k miles)

C.Hill

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
Good deal on the Bronco. It's just begging for a lift though. :diablo:

Cougar_guy04, I believe that may have to become a future paint job for my 95. :uppoint:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts