TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the best brand for a bra for a 96-97 T-Bird and some pics would help to, and a good place to buy. Ive heard Colgan or something is really good.
btw, I know all about how they ruin the paint, but the reason I'm getting it is becuase there are cracks and scrapes all over my front bumper.
TIA

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
For some reason this is making me think of what one of my friends used to say, "Cars don't have boobs, why do they need bras?"

I had a LeBra on my old Cavi. It was okay. It had been on the car for about 5+ years when I bought the car in 2000.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
...why do they need bras?"
If ya have a nice set of headlights you gotta support them

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I bought one for a friend overseas direct from ford. I put it on my car and it looked ok, and it looked pretty good on his car. Talk with Ford. I know they still make a front end cover for these cars.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i have a used LeBra for a 96-97... good condition, little dirty.. had to fix one of the straps, but it works..

also have a set of colgan custom mirror covers (leather as well) that cost me $40

lemme know if interested

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jamesD said:
i have a used LeBra for a 96-97... good condition, little dirty.. had to fix one of the straps, but it works..

also have a set of colgan custom mirror covers (leather as well) that cost me $40

lemme know if interested
I have think I'm gonna go with a Colgan, but thanks for the offer.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
......I know all about how they ruin the paint, but the reason I'm getting it is becuase there are cracks and scrapes all over my front bumper..
They won't hurt your bumper so long as you don't abuse them. Don't just put them on and forget about them. If they are used as they are intended (to protect from rocks and bugs while driving) they work great. Just take them off when you aren't on the highway. And take them off when you're washing the car. If you get water under it and leave it there it isn't good for your finish.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
my personal opion would to first fix the bumper. Then find the clear bra made by 3m check with the window tinting places. my buddy has it on his 03 cobra can't even tell it's on there. It's about 300 dallars for the kit but it will not dull or harm the finish it's a real thin plastic type film almost like window tint but more tougher material.

·
Registered
457 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/371538

I think this one belongs to someone on the board here. I didn't look through all the pics, but it's red and has a bra.
Hey you posted my car domain. Yea that's a Colgan Custom on there. Fits perfectly. Seems to be better made and fit better than the Le Bra i tried.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts