TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Brain Coating company for powder coating. Are there price resanable and how good is there work. Whats there website

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
He did my turbos... Awesome job... You should coat your stuff with him. He is very meticulous with his work..

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
This is my turbo in a Before/After shot.....it's even nicer in person:

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Yeah, he's pretty much the best I know when it comes to powder coating. Tbirdbrain himself is not very pretty to look at, but is work definetly is.

Here are the Cobra calipers and brackets that he did for me a few years ago.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

You get the picture..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks how much was it to get the turbo coated.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
meticulous about his work is VERY correct. I ordered my manifolds from him a while ago. After he coated them he informed me that one of the spots didn't take too well so he was grinding it all down and starting over again. When he sends me the pics of them I'll definitely find a way to put them up on the boards. I think the base is supposed to get soem Civilian internet here in a couple of days so I should be able to then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can he chrome plated too or can poater coating due chrome too.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Can he chrome plated too or can poater coating due chrome too.
there is a chrome-esque finish. He could probably answer when he gets back in town, as i am watching his dog right now.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Chrome is a multi-stage dipped process. Powder is applied dry then baked on. The ceramic can have much of the appearance of dull chrome when polished/rubbed out, but it's a LOT harder surface.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
So THAT's why he hasn't answered me... I've been trying to get a hold of him about my manifolds ahah. Figures he'd go on vacation without informing me. But then again I did tell him not to worry too much cuz I am in the Desert till Sept. thx for letting me know Obucina :)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
he has done quite a few part of mine decent guy and pricing and the work is most execellent!:D
he did my upper intake, valve covers, front acc brackets and tensioner, tstat housing, intake tube, sc fog light brackets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts