TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my RF brake from my car, caliper, rotor, and a good bit of the line. I have it blocked off w/ a fitting into a union into a cap, all double flared, the right way (I guess). What Do I need to do now to bleed out the system? Thinking back, I probly should have put a bleeder in there instead of just a cap, I may have to change that.

The car does have ABS, but I pulled the relay, no need for ABS on a dirt track.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks again guys,

Brandon

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Porkchop said:
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ABS:

Bleed in a x-pattern from
1) rear pass side
2) front driver
3) rear driver
4) front pass

i used a clear tube 1/8 of an inch wide i believe.
You dont need to use that key on method as my bleeder didnt pump anything out with the key on. I also didnt need to slam the brakes to engage the abs to clear the air. you need that special tool only when bleeding the master cylinder. as for jus installing calipers do the regular method of jus pumping it 3 times and holding on the last pump. open the bleeder and let the fluid come out and keep repeating that till you see no air in the clear hose.

I guess ive aswered all those myths on bleeding abs for our cars. but i guess you only need to for bleeding the abs motor/whatever.

-Mike
Welcome.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome,

Thanks for the great info porkchop,

So I take it, as long as I replace that cap on my RF brakeline with a bleeder, I could do it just as a normal car?

I did have about a shotglass full of brake fluid come out between cutting the line, flaring it and all that BS, think I have anything to worry about as far as the pump and all that crap goes?

Thanks again for the info,

Brandon

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
yes you CAN bleed it like a normal car, just go in the correct pattern.

The only reason why people say to use a specific ford abs bleeding tool is for the master cylinder only. If you are just changing calipers/pads or whatever just bleed it normally. Make sure your brake fluid level doesnt get low seeing how that will get air into the lines/master cylinder/and more and thats no good at all.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked today, and there is still fluid in my master cylinder, so I should be okay, right?

Thanks again for the info,

Brandon

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heheh, cant drive it around too much, I dont think the local cops would look on that too kindly LOL

I said I removed all that stuff, blocked off the line, didnt say anything about putting it back on :diablo:

Stupid oval track racers, and their dumb ideas LOL, hey wait, thats me :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts