TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decide to change my back brake pads. Bad idea. Killed a caliper. I had to go to 5 ****ING JUNKYARDS TO FIND ONE. NONE had them.

But, I made it to the 5th one, and found a completely perfect 94 4.6L. He said he'd sell me the motor cheap. What all do I need to complete the swap? Engine, computer, wiring harness, TFI, maybe tranny... Anything else?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
how much are u buying the engine for...if really cheap...throw some stuff to it before putting it on the car..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your better off buying the whole car and switching everything over. There's a ton of little s**t that will drive you crazy trying to find later on. I'm doing the same thing on a 95 right now and it's insane the stuff they changed for no apparent reason. Good Luck, Larry

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He wants $600 for the whole car, and $100 for the engine (as far as I can tell, it's a good engine. No odd noises, and it has the usual junkyard guarantee. This guy is trustworthy, too.)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Agreed, get the whole car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love roommates. I went ahead and paid the extra $500 for the whole car.

In thanks for my making the job much easier, my roommate's uncle ponied up for an AED supercharger kit.

3.8L n/a to 4.6L supercharged... wow. To tell you the truth, I've been driving this 3.8L around in serious need of a tuneup, and when I finally got around to it (clean MAF, new plugs, wires, rotor, fuel filter), it's already got so much more balls (for a 3.8L anyway, c'mon).... I'm in for a hell of a treat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts