TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this guy had no brake lights infront of me whatsoever.. so i was just driving along with my friend, and this guy just jams on his brakes.. so I jam on mine.. it locks the wheels up (no ABS) then when I stop, i look down and see the BRAKE light on (the light that comes on when you engage the parking brake) so its on for a couple seconds.. then goes off. Could it be the fluid going all the way forward, then back causing that? or is it somethign else?? Thanks! (PS, it did it on my old 95 4.6L also)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had ....

the same problem. I put a little more fluid in and it did the trick. I was told to make sure is was DOT III fluid by someone here, I can't remember who.

·
Registered
855 Posts
i had a loose sensor that would flash the light when i braked hard or sometimes when i'd just be cruising. i just tapped the pedal and the light went away.....not saying this is your prob, just somethin to look at.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I had this problem too. What was happening was my legs are so long that it would push the E brake down just right to turn the light on.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Mine goes the other way - when I mash the gas and the front end picks up - the light goes on. Haven't topped it up in 5 years now, maybe I'd better get on that ;).

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Your brake fluid level would have nothing to do with it because your brake light is activated by your e-brake being on. And your e-brake is operated by a cable. Unfortunately I know too much about this subject. I just converted to a hand e-brake about a week ago. I like it but it was a big pain. First I had to drive 2 hours to the only junkyard in Iowa that had the console and handle. Then you have to take out your entire back seat and drill a hole. and the damn tensioner is so confusing. Get a chilton's if you do it. And you have to fish it through. the clamps suck too. and taking out the old cable sucks, I'm procrastinating on that one. Just thought I'd tell you that. But I guess your brake light could be connected to something else. Don't take my word for it.
-Thomas
P.S.
It's late I'm rambling

1 - 9 of 9 Posts