TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting here eating a sandwich. My wife tells me that, "Thay are going to kill you one day". You know from high colesterol. Salami, mayo, roast beef, tomato and sharp cheddar on a hoggie roll, bun face toasted with butter garlic and peppers I was curious what is you guys favorite. Do you like Meatball with provalone or white chedder. Or are your more of a Turkey and avacado. You all like Miracle wip or mayo. American cheese or block. What is the TCCOA all about and the sandwich they eat.

Eric

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Virginia smoked ham and swiss on rye bread. Mustard, mayo, shredded lettuce, pickles, thin sliced tomatoes and hot peppers. Coffee cabinet to wash it down.

I tend to throw a few extras in there if it happens to be a grinder instead of a sandwich.. :D

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
a grinder is a New England term for a sub sandwich... west coasters call it a hogie... it's all terminology

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
1) Pound (uncooked weight) of bacon (after being cooked of course) and some American cheese on a kaiser or white bread
2) Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Ranch dressing, cheddar, provolone and garlic powder on a French Roll.

Subs, Hoagies, Grinders, Heros, Po'Boys.. all the same thing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShadowDragon said:
1) Pound (uncooked weight) of bacon (after being cooked of course) and some American cheese on a kaiser or white bread

I think I found my new favorite sandwich!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'll make myself a potroast just so I can put some between two thickly sliced pieces of home made Italian bread.

--OR--

An Italian open-faced sandwich: Same thick bread with prosciuto (thin sliced Italian ham) and mozzarella cheeze heated/toasted so the the bread is toasted, and the cheeze is melted. Then cover with olive oil. Mmmmmm....

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
salami and american cheese with mustard on a sub roll.

i always thought a grinder was the name for a toated sub.

Frank

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
grinder

n 1: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States [syn: bomber, hero, hero sandwich, hoagie, hoagy, Cuban sandwich, Italian sandwich, poor boy, sub, submarine, submarine sandwich, torpedo, wedge, zep]

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Hehehehehehe.... :D

I get that a lot... any time I travel outside RI.
"Wait wait, stop. What did you just say?"

I can't believe how many terms are specific to Rhode Island alone.. :) I'm actually surprised you didn't ask about the cabinet.. that one gets everyone.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
yeah you RI guys really have a bunch of words that are all your own lol

Well, I don't get it often, but:

Hot rotisserie chicken with lettuce, tomato, mayo and provolone on a sesamee seed roll.

Nothing like a rotisserie chicken :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
You guys ever try Boar's Head (brand) meat? It's all I get now.

It's not my favorite, but it's what I eat very often so it's easy to make. Croissant with baby swiss or smoked cheddar, oven-roasted turkey or roast beef, lettuce, tomato, and bacon sometimes. Oh, and mayo.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Prosciuto , extra virgin olive oil and oregano on an italian cibbata (a hard crust bread) with a nice Cabernet

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Originally posted by cyntaxx

You guys ever try Boar's Head (brand) meat? It's all I get now.

Not only do they make really good deli meat, but they make some kick-a$$ horseradish mustard !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts