·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Damn. Well that sucks.

Hopefully it will work itself out soon. Thanks for sharing Andy. I hadn't heard this ...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yea, I saw it on my FB feeds this morning. Just now had a moment to actually read any sort of article about it though,

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Hm, that's a shame indeed...

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
Saw this last night. Given the fact that Clarkson's discerning punch was last aimed at Pierce Morgan's face, I'm going to say whoever he punched this time deserved it too:tongue:

Funny thing is this season has aired 7 episodes + the two part Christmas special. It almost strikes me as a publicity stunt since viewers weren't actually denied any more episodes than usual(they've haven't done a 10 episode series in many many years), but this gets us all in a huff about it. /removes tinfoil hat

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A publicity stunt?? Surely not.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
You silly brits and your misuse of the english language. I had to look up "fracas". I much prefer kerfufle.
:tongue:

I saw this last night as well. While we wait for this to all blow over, I found this to be a good read to highlight all the pre-fracas hilarity.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
You silly brits and your misuse of the english language. I had to look up "fracas". I much prefer kerfufle.
:tongue:

I saw this last night as well. While we wait for this to all blow over, I found this to be a good read to highlight all the pre-fracas hilarity.
LOL .... Well there's American English and then there's The "Queen's English".

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I think he's over-rated. No big loss, just get a new opinionated host and move on ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
I think he's over-rated. No big loss, just get a new opinionated host and move on ;)
That'll never work, it's not The Tonight Show, it's a 14 episode a year comedy show, reestablishing the chemistry often results in awkwardness and mediocrity, Picture Two and a Half Men when they killed off Charlie Sheen because he was "controversial". Ashton Kutcher sure saved the day there :rolleyes:

Plus if you want to experience awkward chemistry with committee approved inoffensive jokes, just watch Top Gear USA on the (not)History channel.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
That'll never work, it's not The Tonight Show, it's a 14 episode a year comedy show, reestablishing the chemistry often results in awkwardness and mediocrity, Picture Two and a Half Men when they killed off Charlie Sheen because he was "controvercial". Ashton Kutcher sure saved the day there :rolleyes:

Plus if you want to experience awkward chemistry with committee approved inoffensive jokes, just watch Top Gear USA on the (not)History channel.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
XR7-4.6 said:
And how is comparing Sarah Jessica Parker to a boiled horse an insult on humanity? Since when did that transvestite donkey witch represent humanity???:D
:rofl:

That sounds about right..lol

I'm sure this will all blow over soon, and we'll be back to our regular scheduled programming.. :D

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
SJP is a transvestite!! I never knew... <devastated>

:rofl:

Top Gear, lol.

I don't know, Rayo; dude apparently punched dude in the face and dropped him.

That's going to take some serious ego restoration for the punchee...

Many Euros...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

Many Euros...
Pounds Sterling not Euros.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts

Many Euros...
Pounds Sterling not Euros.
AKA Quid. :tongue:

Clarkson's an asshat. I hope it works out and sure he is talented but he's full of himself and I hope someone will knock him on his ass. Lol

I also agree. Without Clarkson top gear will die
Yea, Clarkson can be an asshat but who's to say the guy he clocked wasn't also an asshat?

I honestly don't see the BBC dropping Clarkson or Top Gear. He'll probably end up with a fine and/or temporary suspension of some sort like Brian Williams.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
IDK; Williams is already gone, I think.

Lester looks good in that seat. :)

Sorry, bowez; I thought Brittan did the EU thing for some reason. :confused:

I heard today they ended the season; Clarkson may be gone too. :zdunno:

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
No, Williams got a 6 month un-paid leave of absence - aka "Suspension". (Like it really matters to him) he's friggin' loaded anyway. He'll be back in late June or early July with a mea culpa statement and things will resume like he never left ...

But, yea. Lester is doing a great job in the meantime.

As far as Jermey C. well ... who knows? He may be an asshat but he's a damn funny one who I really enjoy watching on Top Gear and I'd hate to see the show go on or die without him.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts