TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you saw what is coming off of my paint! I went to Advanced last night to pick up a half-shaft for a car that I'm fixing for someone, and I decided to get some turtle wax polishing compound. The haze on the car is just nasty! I realy wish that I had a buffing wheel all the years of neglect would come off better. I also tried to do up my headlights. the out side is clean but the insides are really bad. I will have to take them apart. AW the paint is looking way better then before. I think that I am going to experiment with some waxes to bring it all the way back.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
go here this is great stuff Zaino!

Meguairs fine cut cleaner will help take alot of the haze and old wax off the car, and leave it with a good shine. then use Zaino to finish it off, and it'll be looking like new in no time.

Several members Including Sir Will, and Mark, and myself have used Zaino, and really love the stuff.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your car looks good....how much is that stuff? i know that there are two or three diferent things that come with it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the three main parts are

z-1 polish lock $8.95

z-2 polish for clear coat paint $12.95

z-5 polish for swirls and scratches $16.95

go to their site, and click on the link to the order form for prices on their other products. I know they are a little more expensive than the stuff you get at autozone, but trust me, they are worth it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
JoelBender said:
the three main parts are

z-1 polish lock $8.95

z-2 polish for clear coat paint $12.95

z-5 polish for swirls and scratches $16.95

go to their site, and click on the link to the order form for prices on their other products. I know they are a little more expensive than the stuff you get at autozone, but trust me, they are worth it.
Do all 96-97's have a clear coat? that may be stupid, but i have no idea. i was just reading about their products on their website, and it sounds decent. Do you use this every time then, in place of an old wax use previously used? I can't find how exactly you're supposed to apply these polishes or how long they last. Any help?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
most cars from the 80's to today have clear coat, and all t-birds have it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i got this white sh** haze growing over my car...i was told the the clear coat was going....will this stuff fix it? Ive tried mcguires and nothing....even the turtle wax abrasive stuff...

·
Registered
105 Posts
RobinCali:

Try a product called SCRATCH OUT made by KIT. It costs around $4 at Murrays or AutoZone. I have a BLACK XR7 and this stuff will remove any fogging or haze that is in the clearcoat. And trust me, black paint shows every minor flaw. I swear by this product. I use it with an orbital buffer when i detail the car. But first i use Mothers Clay. If you have never used clay on your car before you will be in for a major surprise when you see how nasty your paint was before claying it.

Can't say for sure if your clearcoat is beyond restoring but its worth a try. Try the steps below:

1. Clay the whole car first (Mothers clay bar is the best)
2. Use Kit's Scratch Out to remove clearcoat haze and fog
3. Use Meguiar's Quick Detailer as a final wipe

-hooD :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
also a side note on the KIT product. works GREAT on the early headlights to clean them up. my 94 doesn't have much if any of a haze anymore.

-jw

·
Registered
855 Posts
wow,......i have like 2 bottles of that stuff that i forgot all about.......they're like $1.97 at WalMart.......yellow bottle......right next to that $100 GS-71or whatever that informercial thing is called.

*walks out to car w/ rag to get ready to tackle headlights* :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Robicali,

No, it won't help if the clear coat is starting to detiorate like that, the only thing that can be done there is to have the clear coat wet sanded off, then reapplied, and paint shop can do it for you, no matter how much buffing and polishing you do to it, it won't help, the problem lies between the clear coat and the paint, not on top where polishes can help it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts