TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to swap to the sn95 bolt circle, and I want to pickup a set of OEM 99 cobra wheels.

If I go with the cobra R brakes in the front (4 piston brembo caliper), will I need an 18'' wheel or will a 99 cobra wheel work fine? I can't remember what size wheel the cobra R has, and I don't know what the clearance would be like.

Also is there any huge benefit in braking with the four piston over the 2 piston pbr cobra setup?

The price on the pbr calipers seems to be about half.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the 2000 Cobra R has 18s. I would get the 2 piston Cobra brakes for service issues. The pads are cheaper and a no brainer to swap. Also, the brake kit itself is very easy to come by with less to shell out and you can have the caliper powdercoated anything easier since the 4 piston Brembos are just black...and i do beleive they are the same as the EVO Brembos.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I have been in cars with the 13" PBR dual piston and in cars with the 13" 4 piston. It's a HUGE difference. The 4 piston cars stop hard enough to hurt you with the seat belt. There is no comparison. AP Racing or Brembo, either will be excellent choices.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
What kinda prices are you lookin at for the 4 piston calipers?

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, i'll check into all the angles. I'll have to get apracing on the horn also.

Ed, after seeing your car at carlisle, i'm sold on going to sn95 with better brakes.

JH

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
What kinda prices are you lookin at for the 4 piston calipers?
bump

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
i recomend the brembo's i have installed a couple sets and just put a set on my sister car last week and man those things are great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts