TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure if it's legal for me to say this and if it's OK, if it's the right forum. But Rock Auto has front Brembo rotors for non sports on closeout for 14 bucks a piece.

Part Number: 27043

Seems like the next cheapest place is about 50 bucks a piece. Figured I'd let you guys in if no one has seen it.

Edit: Guess a link is helpful

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1140590,parttype,1896

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Yea, you're allowed to say. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
*slaps forehead*

I bought two of them for my PBR upgrade about a month ago. Sorry I didn't think to post it here!

Thanks for the posting, Skinny8822!

RwP

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Last time I bought them on closeout (around Christmas 2010), they were $28 bucks a piece. This is a steal!

It's curious that this rotor doesn't show up for all thunderbirds in rockauto though (it doesn't show as a closeout item for my 95 thunderbird 3.8L LX.
Odd.
-g

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
So these will fit my 94 3.8l? I'm waiting on confirmation before I complete the order.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
So these will fit my 94 3.8l? I'm waiting on confirmation before I complete the order.
Yes.
I placed an order back in 2010 for Brembo Rotor model #27043.
These are for my 95 3.8L N/A non-sport front rotors. I know it's a non-sport model b/c I already upgraded to PBR calipers (which wouldn't fit on the sport rotors).

I bought these as a backup. This discount was too good to pass up.
-g

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I need new ones anyway. Mine are warped slightly. I was going to just deal with it for now, but at this price I will get them. Thanks for the quick answer.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Typical American e-commerce site... look at the cheapest shipping option to Canada... grrr... :-( I was going to buy two just to have on hand for next time... Cheapest shipping option for two rotors: $90, most expensive $195 just for shipping!!!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Wow! That's insane. Mine was ~$43 to my door. I certainly couldn't justify that price.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Rotors aren't exactly a light weight item ...

JCO, you got nothing to complain about. $17.60 shipping is reasonable.

Did you guys remember to use the latest discount code?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Oh, mine are ordered. :)

I meant the $90 shipping I couldn't justify.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Are the brembos worth buying or should i just go with motorcraft all the way around? How long does closeout usually last?
Real Brembo OEM rotors are quite high quality; I use them on all my cars including my S4 and my lemons tbird track car and they have never given my any problems. While they don't look at cool as drilled/slotted rotors, from what I've read premium brake pad compounds have improved dramatically in the last few years that one of the reasons you go with slotted rotors (outgassing) is no longer a problem.

The key is that they have to be real Brembos as opposed to knock-offs which are sometimes found on Ebay; the good news is that Rockauto won't sell you knock-offs. That's another good thing: if it's worth knocking off, the originals must have vaue :)
http://www.civicforumz.com/showthread.php?t=170810

-g

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Are the brembos worth buying or should i just go with motorcraft all the way around? How long does closeout usually last?
It lasts until they are all sold. That's why it's called "closeout". At that price they won't last long. Better order some if you want them.

Yea, at that price why not grab a set of Brembos. Brembo's are among the best of brakes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Real Brembo OEM rotors are quite high quality; I use them on all my cars including my S4 and my lemons tbird track car and they have never given my any problems. While they don't look at cool as drilled/slotted rotors, from what I've read premium brake pad compounds have improved dramatically in the last few years that one of the reasons you go with slotted rotors (outgassing) is no longer a problem.

The key is that they have to be real Brembos as opposed to knock-offs which are sometimes found on Ebay; the good news is that Rockauto won't sell you knock-offs. That's another good thing: if it's worth knocking off, the originals must have vaue :)
http://www.civicforumz.com/showthread.php?t=170810

-g
With regards to rotors, I have previously run Brembo OEM replacement rotors that are cryogenically treated at Diversified Cryogenics, making them almost as hard as stainless steel- Applied Rotor Technology in California provides the same product. Unfortunately, Brembo, Powerslot, Raybestos, Bendix, Hawk etc. are all purchasing their rotors from the same foundary in China for the past couple of years (with the exception of the $300 each composite high end units for Ferrari, Porsche, etc).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will these fit an 89 SC?

When I go to rockauto, the Brembo rotors say "EXC Super Coupe" so I'm confused as my local parts stores show my SC having the same rotors as a non SC Thunderbird?

-Gary

·
Super Moderator
9,177 Posts
SC brakes use 11.6" rotors. These are 10.87".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts