TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i cant flash my headlights. i havent done any trouble shooting yet. my brights WILL come on. i just cant flash them anymore.
i havent checked any fuses, but nothing else has stopped working, so i dont think that is the problem.
i was guessing ... maybe the switch is bad?
...... or a ground wire has come out?

any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

thanx
ROSS

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
probably that lovely all in one switch that ford uses is shot.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
JoelBender said:
probably that lovely all in one switch that ford uses is shot.
Yeah, he's lucky he only lost that. When mine went out I lost the headlights *and* the brights at 2am. I had to hold that stupid switch back the whole 30 minute drive home as it was the only way I was getting illumination.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Try this too

this once happened to my friend in his 96 cougar and we thought it was his multi function switch too but then he had noticed that the cig. lighter wasnt workin either so we checked the fuses and it was a 30 amp fuse, cant remember which one though. just somethin u might want to check before buying the switch, they're pretty expensive.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Re: Try this too

fdawg93lx said:
this once happened to my friend in his 96 cougar and we thought it was his multi function switch too but then he had noticed that the cig. lighter wasnt workin either so we checked the fuses and it was a 30 amp fuse, cant remember which one though. just somethin u might want to check before buying the switch, they're pretty expensive.
I agree with checking a fuse first, but compared to most everything else on our car, $50 isn't bad at all. (sans discount at a local dealer cause I needed it ASAP)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx guys

thanks again, but the cigarette lighter, and the trunk popper work.

i guess it is a switch. i dont know.

not being able to flash people doesnt bother me that much, i dont know the last time i used them anyway. but i will fix it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I had the same issue as you ShadowDragon. Cruising on the highway at night and switch to highbeams and my lights went out. Went back to normal and just had park lights. I had to drive with the leaver pulled back for about 2 hours on a trip.

It is intermittent and I never know when it will happen again. Is this common for these switches? Was there a recall or a service bulletin on these?

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
I don't think there is a TSB for it but it does seem to be kinda common. You can try taking the switch out and cleaning all the contacts (if you can get to them)

·
Registered
220 Posts
My multi-function went out while I was driving in the rain, and that is the part that went out, no windshield wipers unless i used the windshield washers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had the same problem...it was a fuse.

I had the same exact problem on my 95 after I got it out of the body shop. after endless searching for the cause of the problem I found that a fuse had fallen/was removed at the shop. After I replaced it I could flash just fine. Hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts