TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... let me tell you about my day.

I woke up knowing i had to go to work... did the normal stuff, took a shower, got ready. I even left 10 minutes early to take the long way to work and stop at a gas station to get some coffee. I had a really nice drive, the weather was nice, it was early in the morning.

I pulled into work, and picked up my binder with paper work in it in one hand, and my coffee in the other, tapped the suspension switch to set it down, got out of the car and shut the door and walked into work.

What did i not do here...
....... set the alarm.

Normally after i shut the door i have my keypad in one hand and push the button to hear the familliar.. *beep beep* .... but i didnt.

Well, anyway, they left everything in the car, some expensive pens, cds, all of that was still there, only thing gone was my 450 dollar alpine cd player i bought this time last year.

also my rear body kit was pulled off some and really loose in the middle, that was a extremly quick fix though because i have it held in with theese little screws, so i just got a drill and screwed it in.

When i blessed my dinner, i prayed for whoever stole it-- maybe he felt like he had to... i dont know... youd think they would just get a job, but SOMETIMES there are people who have circumstances.......... anyway... sucks for me.

---- Matt Musto

·
Registered
825 Posts
ouch that sucks:eek: I forgot to lock my car last week good thing now one messes with my car, I keep my alarm on silent and lately it dosen't seem to get good reception

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I feel bad for those who have had stuff in their car ripped off. I had to disconnect my battery when I lived in Maryland because I ripped out the alarm (you don't really need one in Iowa, worst I've really heard about are people hacking off your borlas with a sawzall in the parking lot late at night).

Luckily, I work at a nuke plant where you can't turn off the main road without someone always watching.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Matt, sorry for the mishap at work. At least it is something that can easily be replaced. Good to hear you praying for the thief. There should be more prayer in our lives..and you never know, maybe his family has food on the table tonight. That is all I could hope for when my stuff was stolen from my SHO a few years back. I hope you can get tunes back into your car soon. Take care.

Joe

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I park my car where i can see it at all times, and set the alarm.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
that really sucks... have you seen the new clarion deck? "no moving parts" no cd player.. jsut all DAP's... its pretty sweet looking, with its blue El glow and all..

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Well, did they tear the dash up taking it out? You can be happy in a sense that your bird isn't sitting waiting for a side window, however it is likely that they wouldn't have tried if it was locked, or, alarm set as well.

It is a sucky feeling when your stuff gets broken into (even if nothign is broken) and your stuff taken, but it is even worse when they break up the entire dash, a window, and center console for a 100 dollar radio (not saying yours was a 100 bucks, I am talking about me).

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
dont bother blessing the grub, just pay me 20$ a day to sit in your car with my .45.....

sucks your alpine got jacked though. If you havent ordered your Eclipse yet, check out Alpines new single DIN color screen model that comes out next month.

i decided to get the CDA-9857.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
One step better than armed response even :D
I think the .45 IS an armed response; maybe we're just more laid back down here... :D

I totalled a car once, got out, had to walk ~10 miles to a phone. The State Trooper was extremely upset that I left the scene...even tho I was the one who reported it...he comes up to me and asks who was hurt in the wreck; really pissed. I show him my elbow, barely scratched. Made him even madder; He drags me over shows me this huge pool of blood in my car, and I notice my radio is gone...

The guy who reached into the dash found the razor blades I kept stored there, soldered to the back of my Craig Powerplay tape deck. (Decks usta pull out the back)

I asked the cop to keep an eye out for someone with cut up hands, but I never heard anything else about it. It's a wonder he didn't sue me or something...

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grog6 said:
The guy who reached into the dash found the razor blades I kept stored there, soldered to the back of my Craig Powerplay tape deck. (Decks usta pull out the back)

I asked the cop to keep an eye out for someone with cut up hands, but I never heard anything else about it. It's a wonder he didn't sue me or something...
the way things are now, i dont think you could legally do that... even though it serves whoever right, but im pretty sure you would get into trouble.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
True...true...

The worst thing these days is that if you just happened to be walking out the door with a legal, loaded pistol, and catch them in the act, You are going to be in trouble if you shoot the bastard...and probably get sued for inducing post-traumatic stress by holding them at gunpoint for the police.

Good thing there's a statute of limitations on the razor blade thing...:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Grog6 said:
The worst thing these days is that if you just happened to be walking out the door with a legal, loaded pistol, and catch them in the act, You are going to be in trouble if you shoot the bastard.
first thing u should say to the cops is "i feared for my life" next "i swear he/she had a weapon" well thats wut i was always told to do

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Grog6 said:
I think the .45 IS an armed response; maybe we're just more laid back down here... :D
I didn't figure it for armed response because there's not necessarily a response . . . just a BG staring sown the barrel of a 1911 or HK USP45 Compact.
Grog6 said:
Different times I'm sure. . . nowadays, you'd have had the thief, his family and the ACLU crawling all over your but saying you intentionally wanted to hurt someone, that you were a bad person, and that you were depriving the thief of his way of life.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Grog6 said:
The worst thing these days is that if you just happened to be walking out the door with a legal, loaded pistol, and catch them in the act, You are going to be in trouble if you shoot the bastard...and probably get sued for inducing post-traumatic stress by holding them at gunpoint for the police.

Good thing there's a statute of limitations on the razor blade thing...:)

my HK is kept locked and loaded at all times.....one in the hole and a full mag:D

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
matt,

where do you park at work?

most of the car audio guys at the one i shop at all park around back next to the bays.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
my HK is kept locked and loaded at all times.....one in the hole and a full mag:D
I keep my Baretta the same way...too bad my mpa-10 is too big for carry...:D

The best part of catching them while armed would be telling the cops how 'he came at me with the radio! I was in fear for my life, officer!' while explaining why all the bullet holes in the thief...

T think if I found them stealing, even unarmed, there would be a lot of explaining to do...'I'm sorry, officer. When I came to, I had ripped his arm off and was beating him down with it. Oh, it wasn't HIS arm, but the other one? I'd already killed the other one with my teacup?'

I wish TN would pass the 'no retreat' provision to the carry laws that you guys have in FL...

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
matt,

most of the car audio guys at the one i shop at all park around back next to the bays.
It was the same at the shop I used to frequent. Install guys parked out back by the bays, sales guys parked right by the front door. Made sense to me considering what most of those guys had stereo-wise.

The Great Obucina said:
There any other way to carry one?

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Great Obucina said:
matt,

yeah, some days i park back there, but on weekends especially or a day we know were going to be real busy we have to park in the front of the store because we park customer cars in the back.... kinda sucks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts