TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing my PI swap I broke 3 of the manifold studs off; I used Liquid Wrench too!:mad:

What do I do next? Do I have to buy OEM studs or can I go to the auto parts store and get something?

·
Registered
647 Posts
i personally would see if you have any type of a fasteners shop there. Take the bolts and they'll be able to get you something the exact same thread and size, plus they are much stronger in the 1st place!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Bolts

Try your local Ace Hardware store.............our local store has everything from stainless to brass, hex head to cap screws, standard to metric. That's my choice to buy bolts.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
And while you're out, grab a can of PB Blaster and dump that Liquid Wrench. I've been able to get bolts and nuts loose with PB that I thought would have never even budged.

Jay

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys, I fixed this problem last week. Cut the studs flush, drilled them out, tapped new (larger) hole, installed new studs; (.99 ea).....Problem Solved

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
FordMan77 said:
And while you're out, grab a can of PB Blaster and dump that Liquid Wrench. I've been able to get bolts and nuts loose with PB that I thought would have never even budged.

Jay

I'm with fordman; the pb blaster works, just spray it the day before you want to work on it, and it comes off like it's new...

I took my exhaust off this spring, and didn't even bust a knuckle...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts