TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting in a new radiator today, I noticed coolant leaking from between the plastic intake crossover and the metal outlet which connects to the upper hose. It turns out, part of the lip where the thermostat sits inside the plastic crossover broke (see picture). Now, the thermostat only has half a lip to sit on inside the housing. My only other hope before buying a new intake is to try a gasket between the flat area of the plastic thermostat housing and the metal house outlet. There wasn't one on there to begin with, is this something that even exists? (I'm not talking about the thermostat o-ring).

If I do need a new intake, where online can I get a Motorcraft NPI with aluminum crossover for a good price? How long does a NPI intake swap usually take? Would I need any additional parts? (I don't want the hassle of adapting a PI).

Thanks

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Looks like the old one is toast :( You need to upgrade to the Alum ! I have a NPI intake in the pic below on the right off my old bird
25.00 + shipping

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You could probably rig a paper gasket in addition to the o-ring so you can drive until you get your new intake.
-Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts