TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Well, it finally happened. The button on my shifter finally decided to give up and pop out.

Mine has the OD on/off switch, and I would like to preserve the function of the switch. What other Thunderbirds, Cougars and Mark VIII's have compatible parts?

Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,786 Posts
Not sure about the Mark VIII, but AFAIK all 94-97 MN-12s are the same.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,786 Posts
I think Matt's referring to the Mark VIII shifter.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,671 Posts
The switch is a simple momentary switch; if there's a button it should work.

Reactions: mercenvy

·
Super Moderator
5,716 Posts
All Mark VIIIs were 4R70w
Ah.

Makes sense that way also (it just sounded like you were saying 93-96 for the MN12 also; my bad for misunderstanding.)

RwP

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are you looking to sell that shifter from the MArk VIII? If so, any pics? How much to 29730?

Thanks everyone!
No, sorry the shifter is not for sale. I plan on cutting it apart to try and make it work in my fox body.
I see MKviii shifters for sale on ebay from time to time.
Like was said, it's just a momentary switch, so it could be rewired if you can find a new switch.
There is an electronics store near me that sells all kinds of switches. I bought some because i bought one of those Rotunda ABS tools that flushes out the ABS pump and valves, and it had a bad momentary switch. They were pretty cheap to buy.

·
Super Moderator
11,671 Posts
I took one to an upholstry and had it leather covered; it was not cheap, but it wasn't more than I would pay.

Dude had died before I needed another; wish I'd done all 3.

Reactions: mercenvy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts