TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out how in the heck I managed to do this, so I thought I'd just ask.

Was loading the bird onto my trailer yesterday to take it to the welder and have the front impact bar and crumple zones welded back on, and I had to push the bird w/ my Vic to get it to the trailer- less than 500 ft. total. Both bumpers lined up perfectly, so I know I didn't climb over the top of the birds' bumper.

I get out to see how far away from the ramps I am, and I notice that the right rear tail lense has a chunk missing out of it right under the t-bird emblem in the middle of the light :confused:

Is it possible that I flexed the bumper hard enough to push it into the trunk lid, which in turn flexed the lid on that side and then caused the lense to pop??? I've never had that problem before, and I've pushed it around plenty in the last 6 months or so while doing the front end work. Or did I just get a freak crack? Are these trunk lids really that flimsy?

Figures, I get the front end ready to be re-assembled finally, and I manage to crack the dam taillight :rolleyes:

Jay

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Gee, I don't think you could flex the bumper hard enough to do that unless you crashed into it while driving above 5 MPH.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
the bumper covers are very flexible, more than likely it pushed up on the led panel and cracked it,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts