TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Last night on the way home from work, the throttle cable snapped on me. I had it towed to the shop that we use, but apparently there isn't an aftermarket cable available, and the local Ford dealerships cannot find any NOS ones, and the part is discontinued of course.
The shop just found a cable used from a '95 V8 (mine is the '97 V8), is there any reason that this one will not work? Also, does anyone know where I could source a new one if necessary? Thanks!

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago when I slammed on the gas at a intersection. SNAP!! (You are the weakest link! Good-bye!)

I idled my car home and fixed it in the driveway. I used a cable from a 99 GT, I think there cable is a little longer, but I had no problems with it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago when I slammed on the gas at a intersection. SNAP!! (You are the weakest link! Good-bye!)

I idled my car home and fixed it in the driveway. I used a cable from a 99 GT, I think there cable is a little longer, but I had no problems with it.
Yeah, I wish I could have gotten it home, but I was probably about 25 miles away at that point! Did you have to fabricate anything for the Mustang cable, or did it pretty much bolt in? I'm mostly asking because shops are often kind of sticky about doing any kind of customization work (for warranty purposes, I suspect) but if it just bolts in they may be more willing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
298 Posts
You could get the cable from Lokar (lokar part # TC-1000MOD Ford MOD 4.6, 5.4 V8 Hi-Tech Throttle Cable, Summit has it also part # LOK-TC1000MOD), it is a little long but you can cut it to fit. I used on for my Tork Tech set up and it works great!

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Yeah, I wish I could have gotten it home, but I was probably about 25 miles away at that point! Did you have to fabricate anything for the Mustang cable, or did it pretty much bolt in? I'm mostly asking because shops are often kind of sticky about doing any kind of customization work (for warranty purposes, I suspect) but if it just bolts in they may be more willing.

Thanks!
Yeah it was alittle long but worked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts