4,744 Posts
cool. a baby bronco.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
pnyklr said:
actually it looks like the older broncos from the back
Thems fightin words :mad:

Seriously though, why couldnt they just let the name go with dignity insted of ruining it "cough" Cougar "cough" I hope that thing never gets to production, I would hate to see one pull up next to the '69

·
Registered
789 Posts
I actually think that it may due well given the current consumer trends. It's not something I'd buy, but Ford may be on to something.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Blue LS said:
Thems fightin words :mad:

Seriously though, why couldnt they just let the name go with dignity insted of ruining it "cough" Cougar "cough" I hope that thing never gets to production, I would hate to see one pull up next to the '69

yeah, like OJ really helped it go out with dignity.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i wonder if either one of those is going to be boosted, because the caliber is taking place of the SRT-4, and its AWD so i wonder if it is gonna have the same boosted 2.4?

·
Registered
680 Posts

That is the Bronco, the other pictures are of a chrysler product.

Only the concept was based on a Fiesta chassis, not a Festiva....

and that doesn't mean a production version would....... but if they build it in Mexico it probably will be.

Since they are trying to keep the price cheap this may turn into another PT cruiser, :(

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
sign me up for one, PERFECT work vehical for me. If it looks like that, AWD, and still has a I-4 Turbo Diesel under the hood I'm sold. Basically a Suzuki Samari sized rig with 35mpg +

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Its not too bad looking, and at least Ford is making an attempt to fight off this overwhelming Asian market. I wouldnt buy one, but i also dont see why people love these econoboxes so much and think that they're fast (Civic, Accord, and so on). I dont know but thats just my .02 :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Regardless of the name, its a whole lot better looking than that Shoebox that Scion is selling.

As others have said, I wouldn't buy it, but thats only cause I don't need one. I think its good looking. And I wish everyone would just stop crying about the "sacrilidge" of using a certain name on new vehicls. Its just a name, the vehicle has nothing to do with the early Broncos. (Though I would truly love to have a 60's Bronco to play with!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts