TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had them check why my wipers turn on and spray wiper fluid when the key is turned to "on", and also check why my car is running a bit rough. They couldn't find whats wrong with the wipers but said they think its the (integrated control module). The rough running they say may be because the motor mounts are somewhat worn. They said there was no miss on any cylinder. They charged me only $25 because they weren't definate on anything. My symptoms of rough running is that it feels like a small miss when idling or idling and pressing the gas. When moving you can't feel the miss. Turning the wheel slightly at a stop the whole car groans kinda like a power loss. Would you say these symptoms point to worn motor mounts? Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
For the wipers it sounds like the multi-function switch on the stalk may be bad.

Maybe try cleaning the MAF and see if it smooths out. Is the CEL on? When was the last time you had a tune up?

The groan you hear may be from the power steering. Check the fluid level.

Jay

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Time for a tune up ?

I also have a 97 4.6 with 92k miles I've changed the regular tuff like aic valve ,
egR valve sensor , cleaned the MAF, replaced spark plugs and wires .Also the evap purge valve Stuff(sorry dont remember the parts name) .

All of that stuff after codes though but if you have the money change em .

I think they are about to go . Not sure though .

Any codes ?

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car has never had a CEL since I got it. It is as tuned up as can be. Replaced plugs, wires, iac, tps (set to .98v), fuel filter. Battery and alternator are good. Tried 2 different MAF sensors both cleaned my original is back in now. For the wipers I replaced the multi-function switch already same prob, so I'm pretty sure that relay box is the problem since they said the motor is not shorted. All fluids have been flushed including power steering, made no difference. Would motor mounts cause a groaning sound turning wheel at a stop more than normal amount, and a feeling of a spark miss slightly? Thanks. This has me stumped I still feel its a spark problem maybe these autolite wires are junk.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Ive had bad sparkplug wire and ive also had a fuel injector plug not pluged in all the way .

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Most problems would throw a code and light the CEL. You say the CEL has never lit, a dumb question, but does it work? Look the next time you are cranking her.

Bob

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx, yea the CEL light works they did an onboard diagnostics for like $80 but didnt charge me and no miss was detected. I don't know how fool-proof the scan is but I guess that means the motor mounts might very well be the cause, I just didn't know it would make it feel as a miss, and running rough. Wish I could bring it to my old mechanic back in NY. thanks again; hopefully I can get this annoyance fixed I will probably try getting the motor mounts replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts