TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my transmission filter and gasket. I did not do a full flush, did not have enough time to drain the torque converter, and the lines to the radiator. I was hoping that i can get enough out to make it better. however the 6-7 quarts i replaced (out of 12) did not do much to change the color of the fluid. its a lighter brown now. what could this mean? i know it means i am burning fluid but what could be wrong?

Alan

·
Registered
633 Posts
Do a full flush asap . Get a firend to watch the TC drain plug as you give it half cranks. When my first gear was slipping I thought it was a broken acummulator, but it was fluid.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
yeah that color fluid is not good, smell it, it will smell burnt. that means your poor tranny is waaaay to hot. do a complete fluid change (you can do it yourself if you have a breaker bar for the crank) and put a tranny cooler on there. your tranny will thank you.:)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I went way too long before changing my fluid and it ended up like yours. I found this out when it started jerking at light acceleration when the tranny was cold. I changed half of it like you because I knew I would change the rest in 2 or 3 weeks. You should change the rest soon though. The brown fluid is no good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts