TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever have a chance to test drive a 2012 Kia Optima SX turbo - take it. 4 cylinders and 274 HP. F-er moves like a stuck pig. Ya' know for a 4 cylinder.

My 6 favorite words a dealer can ever say to me on a test drive is - "Drive it like you stole it" - and I usually do.

BTW, if you're in Venice area, don't buy a blue 2012 optima turbo. It saw more air time than your cell phone.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, Debby was welcomed here. Much needed rain.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah we def needed that rain. It was really dry here.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cobra I think you got it worse up north than we did down here. Now my grass is out of control. Looks like my weekend is shot.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah 3 days of straight rain lol. My grass is outta control as well! Haha

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm seriously considering a Sonata for my next commuter car -- I think they look better than the Kias.
Overall, that 274HP 4cyl is quite impressive; with both direct injection + twin scroll turbocharging + fairly high compression for a turbo engine, IMO this is their first world class engine.

To me, the most impressive thing about that 4cyl turbo is that it is spec'd for REGULAR unleaded (you just lose 14HP with crappy 87 octane -- which I'm completely OK with for commuting). You still get 35MPG hwy. Craazy.

Abstract of a technical paper about the Theta-I engine (2L turbo vs 2.4L of Theta-II)
http://www.autoextrem.de/attachment,attachmentid-65377,d-1171028857.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts