TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, give it up for all the raiders fans. Didn't think I was gonna be able to talk **** but here I am. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLLOLOLOLOLLLOOLLLOLKLOLO

·
Registered
935 Posts
Refs SUCK!

Geeezzzzz! What a GREAT Defensive game for the Bucs but Rich Gannon needs to be cannned! DEAR LORD 5 interceptions in a super bowl game! Pray that those 1st and 2nd round draft picks they got help them find a new QB!

And that 2 point conversion that was good! The entire time I'm yelling "Ref get off your knees you're blowing the game!" Would have made it a 11 point game and maybe help swing the momentum a little more ... I guess that is why he had "BJ" on his back and we know it wasn't standing for Back Judge.... Not to even mention the pass interfence on a pass that was thrown to GRANDMa as my football coach would say

The best part tho is that fact that in like 2 days the NFL will post a statement saying that the 2 point was good and that pass interference was wrong but its to late to bad...I guess the Giants learned that with the 49ers.

Enough said, I'm out $15 "bucs".... Big deal, I just wish that the officals did a better job when it looked like it was going to turn into a half decent game...

Can't count on any of the major games to be great because the refs always screw up... i.e. Miami vs Ohio State, Lakers vs Rockets.... Gosh I could go on FOR DAYS!

-Tim

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: Refs SUCK!

Tim Groth said:
And that 2 point conversion that was good! The entire time I'm yelling "Ref get off your knees you're blowing the game!" Would have made it a 11 point game and maybe help swing the momentum a little more ... I guess that is why he had "BJ" on his back and we know it wasn't standing for Back Judge.... Not to even mention the pass interfence on a pass that was thrown to GRANDMa as my football coach would say
first of all, that call was unreviewable and irreversible no matter what. you cannot award a team points on a pass interference call or a forced push out of bounds. he had a chance to come back down in play, but that doesnt mean that if he wasnt pushed he would have. irreviewable, irreversable. period. the only thing that could have come from that would have been pass interference and they would have gotten an extra attempt. you simply cannot award points that are not earned. itd be the same as a basketball player being fouled at half court on a fast break and wanting two points for it because he <i>might</i> have scored.

what i didnt like was that they were still charged for that review even though the rules state explicitly that it couldnt be reviewed.

the calls by the referees in the game didnt at all change the outcome of the game. oakland made way too many mistakes, the game belonged to tampa's defense. although, i am sure alot of calls over the course of the last season will be carefully reviewed and people will be re-evaluating alot of things. some calls in this game will be reviewed, but not from a "refs ruined the game" point of view.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Re: Re: Refs SUCK!

Robinson said:
what i didnt like was that they were still charged for that review even though the rules state explicitly that it couldnt be reviewed.
how can you be charged with a challeng on a play that cannot be challenged?? but what they did end up challenging wasnt if he was pushed out of bounds, they challenged if he landed inbounds or out. OBVIOUSLY he wasnt inbounds, that was a dumb challenge on the behalf of the raiders. now the only thing is, did they throw the flag thinking they could challenge if he was pushed and then forced to make a challenge on something.

if a coach tries to challenge a non challengable play can they just pick up the flag and go on or are they going to be charged with challenging something weather its a challengable play or not.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Refs SUCK!

VicRattlehead said:

how can you be charged with a challeng on a play that cannot be challenged?? but what they did end up challenging wasnt if he was pushed out of bounds, they challenged if he landed inbounds or out. OBVIOUSLY he wasnt inbounds, that was a dumb challenge on the behalf of the raiders. now the only thing is, did they throw the flag thinking they could challenge if he was pushed and then forced to make a challenge on something.

if a coach tries to challenge a non challengable play can they just pick up the flag and go on or are they going to be charged with challenging something weather its a challengable play or not.
what SHOULD happen according to the rules and what has been happening all season... if a coach tries to challenge a call that cannot be challenged, the head judge simply tells the coach that it cannot be challenged and the game continues. the team wouldnt and shouldnt be charged for a timeout because there was no review.

from what i remember, they were still reviewing whether he would have landed in bounds if he wasnt touched... a call that could not be reversed. you cannot determine what a player would have done if he wasnt touched, unless your name is God or Buddha or some other divine being.

the only problems i had with the officiating of this game:

1) charging oakland a timeout for challenge a call that should not have been able to be challenged.
2) calling pass interference on a ball that was thrown about five yards out of bounds

i know there was another call that i had a problem with but i cant remember. neither of these things affected the outcome of the game, the bucs plain dominated the raiders.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I understand that the Raiders totally gave up by half and then when they showed some light of a come back I think the refs kind of killed their steam! I mean the first touchdown had to be reviewed so it didn't get them as excited you know. Plus the pass interference that I'm refering to isn't from the pass in the zone for 2 but the one when it was like 3 & 8 with 6 minutes left...the pass wasn't even catchable but they still called pass interference.

I have to disagree with your comment on the refs calls didn't change the games outcome. I agree that the raiders had a small shot of comming back BUT I think the game would have been a nail biter at the end if the refs had done a better job...that's all. It's all speculation I know but I seriously think if the Raiders had some good calls it would have come out completely different.....

-Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts