TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the different spots to find the build date?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,445 Posts
There is a MM/YY format on the sticker in the driver's door jamb, then there's the tag on the radiator core support that has the month and day (can't remember if it's MM/DD or DD/MM).

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any others? I might have a problem. My door jamb says 10/93. Vin matches title, title says 91. Checked it when I purchased it. Either that or my friend is an idoit and cant read. Vin decoded is for 91 also

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
Only other place I can think of would be on the build sheet (it has the VIN on it), provided it is still in your car. It is usually found in the trunk under the carpet near the right wheel well. Others have found it under the rear seat cushion.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant look(still to sore to bend like that) the trunk carpet is out and there is nothing in the trunk at all. Any ideas? Im kind of worried.

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
Does the VIN match between the title, window plate and jamb sticker?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know window and title match. Ill call him back and ask about the jamb sticker.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Both vin tags and title match just the build date is different. WTF?

Just rechecked vin and it comes up correct. 2 sources got everything right.

·
Super Moderator
9,445 Posts
What build date is on the core support tag? Near the center, MMDD format (checked); is the month even the same?

Also on the core support tag is the sequence number of the car, top right. Check that against the last six in the VIN.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
The "Born on" dates are Stamped Yellow - on the radiator core support .. look for the yellow stamp and it will have the actual day.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No build sheet or vin tag no core support.Havent looked for myself(am not there).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts