TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here it is. We all know PI heads work but how about oldschool P&P NPI heads.
So we have a set of stage 3 P&P 98 truck heads that were done by compitetion heads in Labrea CA. A forged Cobra crank, manley rods, forged JE pistons .020" over 10:1 CR, stock ported exhaust manifolds(port matched to the heads and cleaned up inside with a light extrude hone), port matched (to the heads) 95 intake with a hogged out plenum(where the TB is bolted) a 70MM TB(truck part), richard M tube, 76MM MAF, 30 pound injectors, underdrives, Steeda timing adjuster, steeda AC delete, K&N filter all I need now is cam choices so I can do my valvsprings and time the whole deal.
Tranny will be 4R70W rebuilt with 99 Mustang GT parts with shiftkit from transgo, MK8 TC and 15KGVW cooler, rear is 3.27:1 with trac lok.
Car is a 94 stripper no ABS, no roof, no leather, no premium sound, rear drum, just base options. When I'm done with it it will be no sound deading, speakers, hvac, etc...

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
sounds good but with all that why would you choke it with the 95 intake manifold, slap on a PI manifold with a aluminum cross over along with all the other stuff you need from a 96-97.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
ditch the transgo kit and get a Jmod'd valvebody, ditch the 76mm maf and timing adjuster and get yourself an SCT chip, swap over to a PI intake manifold with an aftermarket 70mm TB and upper elbow, some Stage 2 Crowers, 3500+ stall converter from DirtyDog, and at least a 3.73 rear end

1 - 3 of 3 Posts