TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My cousin wants me to build him a dual 12" sub speaker box for his 2007 Mazda MX8 . The trunk is so small it seems like I would either have to build the box inside of the trunk or take out the rear seat. He already bought the speakers off a friend , they are Kickers I havent seem them yet, Any body got any ideas how to fit a dual 12" sub box in the trunk? Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Just gotta get creative!

What exactly are the physical dimensions of this trunk space you speak of?
I can possibly help with ideas if I know those dimensions.

But if turns out we really can't get a pair of 12's in there, the guy might be better off selling those and settling with 10's or even 8's. They pound good too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah Ill get the dimensions first, I was thinking get 10s also, And the other probelm would be the trunk has a gigantic hole like compartment right there where the box would go, Dual 12" box will not even slide into the trunk, hel no not even a 10" dual box. "only singles fit"
I was thinking of building a surface of MDF and carpeting it to start off with. Ill get the measurements on Sat. I'll see him and Ill get me tape measure , then we will go from there,

94ThunderbirdXXX- Yeah I was thinking face them to the rear to feel the beat instead of laying them on their back,

·
Registered
962 Posts
My cousin wants me to build him a dual 12" sub speaker box for his 2007 Mazda MX8 . The trunk is so small it seems like I would either have to build the box inside of the trunk or take out the rear seat. He already bought the speakers off a friend , they are Kickers I havent seem them yet, Any body got any ideas how to fit a dual 12" sub box in the trunk? Thanks

Tom
Do you mean Rx8?

If so, you'll have to have one speaker facing out ( toward the bumper ) Both wont fit unless he wants a distorted sound.

unless you buy this.......

http://www.4080enclosures.com/shop4080/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4&image=

this one sucks.... but it's only for 10's

http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2361

Or call this dude......

http://www.tccustomz.com/vehicle_specific

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Your right SoulCalibur its a RX8, and that design seems good too , Maybe 12"s would fit like that? I can build the box but its going to be a little bit more for my cousin at first I said fifty, I think $100 would due fine lol, I need some cash so Im helping him out

·
Registered
962 Posts
Your right SoulCalibur its a RX8, and that design seems good too , Maybe 12"s would fit like that? I can build the box but its going to be a little bit more for my cousin at first I said fifty, I think $100 would due fine lol, I need some cash so Im helping him out
If you build that one from the last link that would kick a$$. I think the speakers are offset so, they would fit. I know that has to be a tight fit. and where is he going to squeeze in an amp? Hell, I'll would stick my cousin for $150. lol

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
RX8's crack me up, not only does my crappy old thunderbird get better mileage, but it's more reliable too... has your cousin had to have it towed to the dealer after flooding the engine yet? lol

Very fun cars and great to look at, it's a shame because that crap excuse for a motor lets the rest of the car down.

·
Registered
501 Posts
He wrecked the whole side of the car they already replaced the door fender and bumper and they also did some welding on the side quarter panel(whole driver side was totaled), it still looks new but the paint kind of doesnt match on his bumper , hes into autoxing, trying to get sponsered right now,

I think Im going to build a small compartment where the hole is like the other post and stick it tire compartment, I originally told him $50 he was like thats it? LOL wait til I see him haha

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
He wrecked the whole side of the car they already; They replaced the door, fender, and bumper. They also did some welding on the side quarter panel(whole driver side was totaled). It still looks new but the paint doesn't match on his bumper, hes into auto crossing, trying to get sponsored right now.

I think I'm going to build a small compartment where the hole is, like the other post and stick it in the tire compartment. I originally told him $50, he was like thats it? LOL, wait til I see him. haha

Grammar is your friend. Please be kind to run on sentences.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts