TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be putting together a full exhaust system for a 78 F-350 flatbed with a 460 in a few weeks. I will be replacing everything past the exhaust manifolds.

I am having a hard time finding the section of pipe that is bolted to the manifold. I have looked around at Summit, but have not been able to find the part that I need. If someone can tell me what to look for, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm going to be putting together a full exhaust system for a 78 F-350 flatbed with a 460 in a few weeks. I will be replacing everything past the exhaust manifolds.

I am having a hard time finding the section of pipe that is bolted to the manifold. I have looked around at Summit, but have not been able to find the part that I need. If someone can tell me what to look for, I would appreciate it.
I don't have any 460 specific information but after googling 460 manifolds and seeing the stock ball flange fitting, it looks like you are looking for a ball "exhaust flange", right?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-674-228/overview/make/ford

look for a "2 bolt header flange" or "2 bolt header flange" and match the diameter that you need. I'm guessing you are looking for something like this in the right diameter.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-41725

As an alternative option, you might want to read out to Josh @ Mandrel Exhaust Systems
I explained what I wanted for my custom setup for my tbird and he was able to sell me the mandrel pieces I needed -- including the flange.
The cost was comparable/cheaper than what it would be if I pieced it together from Summit and I got EXACTLY what I needed.
Mandrel Exhaust Systems

You still need a welder but I cannot speak enough praise for how smoothly that part of my build went (i had the exhaust on my car after just one evening). It helps to be in a rust free area :)

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2 bolt flange is just what I was looking for. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts