TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Thoughs anyone?

Since this is a link to an SCCoA Group purchase I'm willing to let it slide past the TCCoA Group Purchase requirement.

I bet Rob could break one. :tongue: ... IDK ... I'd have to research the material.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didnt mean to break any rules, Anything can be broken lol. Most or the time I can tell if an axle is gonna break after ive released the clutch 1/16in. I can just tell my foot has too much momentum going haha. CLose to 600rwhp doesnt help either :p

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ill be honest it looks very good, I've got dss ordered would be nice to kinda make a 33 outer like they have, I'm going with 31 inner cause what the point of upgrading outer with out doing something to inner

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem with 31 outer is the stang bolt pattern. Im working with rvc to produce a 4340 wheel hub for tbirds with 28 spline and dual bolt pattern. This way everyone, even the resto guys could get new hubs if their wheel bearings or something takes a crap and ruins them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And as far as doing an outer with out inner, well who knows. I make about 600rwhp and Im a stick car. Ive broken tons of outers, my fault usually. After upgrading the outers, we may end up ripping the cast slip yolks in half, who knows. If thats the case. We'll be in a whole new ball park. Now if the inner breaks. Its just a call to rcv to set us up for an inner.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Ill be honest it looks very good, I've got dss ordered would be nice to kinda make a 33 outer like they have, I'm going with 31 inner cause what the point of upgrading outer with out doing something to inner
Its always the outers everyone breaks.
Unless I've missed it, I have not seen anyone break just the inner.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I'm game for a set in the spring too if funds permit. I've broken more than my share over time. Hopefully they will hold up well.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It's 33 outer, I've seen a few 28 spline solid axles break the coming right out the diff I'm not saying the 28 inner will break there I want it as strong as possible, I'm at 735 rwhp thru and auto and plan to go higher

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
guys, please reply to user neverfastenough via the SCCoA forums, since like TM said, this isn't a TCCoA group purchase.

Keep in mind, splines and steel choice are two ways to increase load strength. Simply going to 4340 chromoly is a huge increase in strength, even with only 28 spline count.

Me personally, I'd rather simply go for all 300M alloy steel while keeping everything 28 spline for simplicity. It would be roughly on par with 4340 chromoly with 31 spine count in terms of load strength.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Its always the outers everyone breaks.
Unless I've missed it, I have not seen anyone break just the inner.
That's because - until now - the outer has broken (weakest link in the chain). Now that the outer is being strengthened those forces that were snapping the outers will now look for the next weakest link in the chain - possibly and very likely the inner.

I'm with Rob, what's the point of upgrading the outer without doing anything with the inner. It'll be interesting to see how things shape up with this upgrade. ... Having said that I'll probably be in the market for a set of these come spring.

I love the idea of a dual bolt patern hub. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Oh this is a heck of a deal guys, I can on my dead cost on the level 5 for comparison

1 - 16 of 16 Posts