TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I posted over at BON and tbirdforum before I was turned on to this site.

Surely some of you guys have the bullet wheels on your t-birds? I'm talking about the ones specified for the T-birds. Not the ones that require different hubs or spacers or what have you. I'm thinking a set of 18X9's on a lowered car is going to look really good. My suspicion is the bullet (retro-muscle car, cragar design) will better match the coupe feel of the t-bird.

Has anyone tried the performance wheel, bullet style wheels, on their t-bird? How do they look on the car? Does anybody have any pics to post?
see wheels at:

http://www.performancewheeloutlet.com/catalog4/merchant.ihtml?id=3&step=2

Thanks
Dave
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
How can i put this....PWO is the devil of aftermarket wheel companies.

Here is a much better place.

I don't know of anyone with them. One owner has a set of the charcoals on his black cougar, but I believe they are originals, not replicas.

Found the car I was talking about, it was Mark Kovalcik's. Click on pic.
<a href="http://supercatxr7.freewebspace.com/">
<br />
<img src="http://supercatxr7.freewebspace.com/images/xr720027.jpg"></a>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
Yah his are originals, none of the knockoff crap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes!, that is the look I was hoping for. Wheelcaps even appear OEM.

Anybody else have pics on a newer t-bird? Keep em coming!

I really like the way they "beef" up the look of the car.

Thanks for the heads up on PWO. Have dealt with Div. Prod and AFS with good results. PWO was an unknown, but seems they advertise like crazy. And the 18X9 sounded very appealing. Never did care for the center caps they offered, but one appeared all silver and not too bad.

Thanks for the custom wheels link, looks like they go up to 18x9 t-bird specific. Center caps appear the same as PWO though?

So if I get them from Diversified, in stang guise, what all is required to get them on the t-bird?

Thanks Again Guys,
Dave
 

·
TSTaCC President
Joined
·
885 Posts
wondering the same thing

I was also wondering the same thing. I wanted to put those wheels on my 93 lx 5.0 I wanted to have different caps though, or maybe even delete the caprs. A nice looking t-bird in the middle would look good though.
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
89paspsi said:

So if I get them from Diversified, in stang guise, what all is required to get them on the t-bird?

Thanks Again Guys,
Dave
Clicky-Clicky!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, you guys are good! Impressed to see it documented in detail like that. Nice post.

Now, how about a 460ci swap. Ha ha ha. some day....

- Dave out'
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
89paspsi said:
Ok, you guys are good! Impressed to see it documented in detail like that. Nice post.

Now, how about a 460ci swap. Ha ha ha. some day....

- Dave out'
Mike T
 

·
MN12 Fanatic
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Here's a pic of a bird with the cragar SS wheels (i think). Almost like the bullet wheels, so I figured I would post it since they look alike.

I forget exactly whos car this is. I know what happened with the car and that it no longer looks like that (or if he even has it anymore). So if the owner sees it and wants it taken off just let me know! (man, I can't remember who...lol)



:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I'm bitin' hook, line, and sinker, tell me more about this FOMOCo 460 swap.

hood clearance?
motor mounts?
what tranny hook up?

Would want it to look stock from the challenger's perspective. Minus the exhaust note of course.

- Dave dreamin of big blocks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,223 Posts
Tony said:
Here's a pic of a bird with the cragar SS wheels (i think). Almost like the bullet wheels, so I figured I would post it since they look alike.

I forget exactly whos car this is. I know what happened with the car and that it no longer looks like that (or if he even has it anymore). So if the owner sees it and wants it taken off just let me know! (man, I can't remember who...lol)



:D
First its BULLITT not bullet

Thoes are actually Tork Thrust II's not the cragar ss' and it belongs to Mike Marks. Also get ahold of MikeV "Bullitt Bird" he has a set of 18 polished Bullitt wheels.
 

·
MN12 Fanatic
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Okay Vic, thanks for the correction. I was pretty sure it was his, just not 100% sure. So I didn't say so. Anyways, doesn't he have a red SC right? Sucks what happened to his car! Oh and the wheels still sorta look like bullitt ones...lol!

Thanks...:D
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
89paspsi said:
Ok, I'm bitin' hook, line, and sinker, tell me more about this FOMOCo 460 swap.

hood clearance?
motor mounts?
what tranny hook up?

Would want it to look stock from the challenger's perspective. Minus the exhaust note of course.

- Dave dreamin of big blocks
Post in drivetrain this will need it's own thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,223 Posts
89paspsi said:
Ok, I'm bitin' hook, line, and sinker, tell me more about this FOMOCo 460 swap.

hood clearance?
motor mounts?
what tranny hook up?

Would want it to look stock from the challenger's perspective. Minus the exhaust note of course.

- Dave dreamin of big blocks
Pro Street Rich over on SCCoA.com just put a 460 into his 90 annv sc, its bone stock out of an ambulance and ran a 16.00 at the nats. this was just a test fit from what i hear, hes pulling it and moddin it up this winter.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top