TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered the subframe connectors off a Bullett Mustang that is being junked. Will they work on my bird to tie the front subframes together?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would say no, they will not 'bolt-on'. If you have a '78 Fairmont you may be in business.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't think they'd bolt in. Mechanic who would be giving these to me thought they could be welded in as most car guys around here weld in their subframe connectors.

Additional question: Would I need a front shock tower brace like Johnny Langton made? I've got one of Johnny's rear braces installed with 89 SC sway bars front and back. Bilstein shocks on front, and rear Bilsteins on back order.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When I stated 'bolt-on' I didn't literally mean bolt them in. I put it in quotes as a way to say they probably would not directly fit without a lot of modification, if even possible. Modifying those to fit would probably exceed the effort that would be put forth to construct subframe connectors specifically for your car.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
When I stated 'bolt-on' I didn't literally mean bolt them in. I put it in quotes as a way to say they probably would not directly fit without a lot of modification, if even possible. Modifying those to fit would probably exceed the effort that would be put forth to construct subframe connectors specifically for your car.
Agreed-the chassis between the 2 cars is different in every way. You'll spend more time and money modifying them to fit.
JL

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
But I'ld take them to prevent them being junked.

You never throw away good pieces of steel.
Thats what im saying but its hard to have to justify keeping every damn peice as my roommate will toss it out on me. You never know what they could be used for and if you dont know now you can day dream and figure that out later. Free is free,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts