TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering has anyone installed a bullit intake and how much did it cost about. what modifications do you need to do. Alls i know is that you first need P.I. heads

·
Registered
472 Posts
you need the lower intake, fuel rails, throttle body, and the alternator i belive.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Maxion$Mulla$ said:
Hey guys, just wondering has anyone installed a bullit intake and how much did it cost about. what modifications do you need to do. Alls i know is that you first need P.I. heads
Most of the price depends on how much you can score the intake and parts for. There really is no set price.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the throttle cable and bracketry are going to be an issue, as is bending the EGR. You will need to notch the under hood bracing, but you will end up with slight dimples on the skin on the underside of the hood due to the squared off ends of the plenum where it meets the throttle body.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i plan on getting the AED supercharger in the future but i was looking for something not to expensive but performs good too in the mean time but idk should i just stick to the P.I. intake for now... btw the pi intake come std in the 96 bird right?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the PI manifold never was on the bird. PI is for 99+ 4.6L.

Expect to pay around 1,000+ for everything to make the Bullitt work, go either with the manifold of the Allen blower.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok yea i think i might just go with the pi intake once i get the heads. thx agian guys

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You need the throttle cable bracket, the valley coolant pipe (different than PI), the bullitt specific alternator bracket, cobra alternator, abit of rewiring for the alternator, custom fuel rails (bullitt rails are returnless and we have a return system), cobra or bullitt throttle body, the 3 pieces of the intake, L bracket for elbow to main, custom EGR or delete (I cut my stock one in two and used a bit of aeroquip 666 hose), and notch in the t-stat housing for alternator clearance.

I paid $840 shipped for a near complete kit. Watch out with those gaskets, the bottom one is $60+

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
The Cobra/Continental alternator plugs right in-no need for extra wiring.
JL

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
u can also purchase a bullitt waterneck and rad hose for a couple extra bucks...

what 3 pieces you talkin bout matt? i have the tube and the box itself.. i think i need to refit it again.. didnt look right...

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
jamesD said:
u can also purchase a bullitt waterneck and rad hose for a couple extra bucks...

what 3 pieces you talkin bout matt? i have the tube and the box itself.. i think i need to refit it again.. didnt look right...
bullit water neck ? i used the one from my 94 intake it works .

Jurgen

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The notch needed on the stock water neck is so small it's funny.

The intake has three pieces, the elbow, the main section and the plenum cover.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
oh.. the intake intake.. ya.. you ever price the gasket for the lower intake cover?

bleh.. i thought the upper to lower gasket @ $60 our cost was bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts