TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what opinions are on taking a bullitt gas cap and matching it to the color of my wheels. I feel that the grey gas cap would look out of place, but that maybe if it was the same color as the wheels then it would fit in. The guy I know that does powdercoating says that he can probably match it....some of the colors that they can do are crazy, like the chrome powdercoating. Anyway here are some pics, tell me what you think.

That is the best pic I had of the car that showed the gas cap....I noticed that most of my pics are from the driver's side....werd. Anyway bring on the opinions. :D

Russ

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think it would look killer. Where did you find it I want one for my black bird.

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
eBay. You can get everything on eBay. I once saw Joel's mom on eBay, but it didn't hit the reserve of $0.01.

--Craig

·
Registered
171 Posts
Deus003 said:
eBay. You can get everything on eBay. I once saw Joel's mom on eBay, but it didn't hit the reserve of $0.01.

--Craig

:uppoint:

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Maybe its just me, but I dont get the whole bullitt gas cap thing :confused: I think they look out of place on any car.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aaron K. said:
Maybe its just me, but I dont get the whole bullitt gas cap thing :confused: I think they look out of place on any car.
I think they look pretty good on darker color cars. There is a picture on here of Mike Donely's black 5.0SC car with black cobra wheels and a Bullitt gas cap and it looks really good on that car, IMO. I don't know that I am going to do this. The more I look at the pic I put up the more I think that it would look goofy on my car. :zdunno:

I think he painted his to match the car later though....

Russ

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
aj lewis has one on his green bird, i think it looks bad *** with his chrome cobra wheels....if you go to his cardomain page, there is a little writeup on the bullit gas cap/cover

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red96Bird said:
aj lewis has one on his green bird, i think it looks bad *** with his chrome cobra wheels....if you go to his cardomain page, there is a little writeup on the bullit gas cap/cover

Yeah....and.... I know that they look good on some cars but how does that help with my question?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
if you can match it to your wheels, go for it, it would look good.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I dont see a whole lot of difference between the color of your wheels and the color of the bullitt cap. Bobwhitedecals.com sells a decal that looks like a bullit cap if you want a cheap alternative.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would just buy the real thing if that is what I was going to go with. I think I have decided though the more I think about it that I am just going to stick with the stock cap. The car looks pretty good as is, so I don't there is any need for me to go and mess that up.

Russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts