TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford changes there part cost on a quarterly basis for the most part. The Bullitt intake both upper and lower have gone through the roof as of July 1st. This has been verified by suppliers.

Lower intake 2R3Z-9424-AB from $291.67 list to $902.12 list price.

Upper intake 2R3Z-9A589-DA is $411.24 list

gasket/spacer 2R3Z-9E930-AA is $44.62 list!

So list on those 3 pieces would be $1357.98 as of today.

ouch!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
good grief!

Ford sure does get greedy with their parts don't they, looks like my PI's will be getting the standard 99 GT intake

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! What the "filth" are they doing. GEEERRRRRRRR!!!!! That Really ticks me off!!!! anyway now that I have that outta my system. Anyone know anywhere to possibly get a bullit crate engine??

Later,
jay

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
karkraft has them, there like 3600 or something like that. i dont remember, i did price check them when i was looking for a motor.

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
That's why you jump on stuff when it first comes out...cause unless it's a computer or stereo or TV...it's probably not gonna go down in price.

Seabass "Seabass"

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well that officially puts a big damper in my mod plans. :( Argh on those Ford beancounters!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hahaha

Bullitt intake manifold $1300

Complete Bullitt Crate Motor $3700

Watching Bullitt owner's jaw drop when the stock motored bird makes 280 rwhp with a $2000 blower $Priceless

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hahah

now that would make a persons jaw drop, I take you must have done it many times over? :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Wow, glad I am putting in what I am putting in and not doing a PI swap and counting on that Bullitt intake!

Brad D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Too bad we dont have companies like Edelbrock that make intake parts for our car... if we had as many parts as the 302 did, prices probably WOULD NOT be this ridiculous.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
okcbird said:
Low supply, high demand = high price.

Damn law of supply and demand.
argh.

Well, Hopefully one of these days we'll have a company step up and start churning out massive amounts of aftermarket parts for Ford modular V8 motors.....untill then, looks like you got to have a massive budget, or get lucky and find one in a salvage yard in great condition.
*crossing fingers*

latraz

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Yeah I was cruzin the back lot of a local ford dealer here in town and there was a 99+ gt there that look like it may have been rolled. Like to get the engine outa that.

;ater,
jay

·
Registered
809 Posts
IS the Bullit intake that much better than the 99 GT one? I phone Ford to day and they said a one peice aluminum Bullit intake is 495 Canadian, does that sound right?
I plan on doing a PI swap soon. I have a 97. THANKS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts