TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
if you got money to burn, I say definitely go for it....I've got datalogs that show where the SVO intake (predecessor to the Bullitt) shows gains (in airflow, thus power) over the PI intake (mostly over 4000 RPMs) on a cammed motor

but if you think its gonna give you 20+ HP, or drop your 1/4 mi times by a second, then you're way off.....the only way the Bullitt is really gonna help your naturally aspirated car is if you rev the engine to redline in 1st, 2nd, AND all of 3rd gear during a 1/4 mile race...which means no less than 4.30 gearing....not many people want to go to that steep of a gear because they're wusses :)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
or vortech it like everyone else

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
just stick with the Pi heads and intake. get a trickflow or accufab elbow/bigger TB and that will gain you more than a bullit intake.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
oh reallly?? so you're telling me that a PI intake with a Accufab TB outflows a Bullitt Intake with Twin 57mm Bore Cobra TB? The bullitt definitely outflows a PI intake. And it gains in the upper end and goes where the PI can't, above 6000RPM. We are stating that the Bullitt isn't worth the money for a N/A setup. Now maybe a built Forced Induction Setup. But no... A TB is not going to outflow a Bullitt... Sorry.

While on the subject of bad advice giving... while you buy that Accufab TB and elbow don't forget to get a TB spacer too. It adds 15HP. No bullitt or SVO intake will ever come close to the power gains.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
my advice was in the cost factor. I look at everything in the cost factor. How much dough will you have to fork over for a bullit vs a PI with a aftermarket elbow/TB. how much higher rpm power will you actually make? is the car built for the street or strip/ or both? bolting on a bullit intake for a thousand $$$$$ for a few extra ponies is a wate UNLESS money isnt an option. If money isnt an option go bullit and go for broke. If your already broke why go farther in tghe hole for a few extra ponies. Also when you talk about shinning above 6000 there are only a few people here that are spinning a 4.6L harder than 6K because you need alot more than just a bullit intake to spin the 4.6L higher. Not too mention i thin (don't quote me) the trick flow intake and edelbrok setup are cheaper and if you wanted a screaming 7000rpm motor why not something like the edelbrock.

·
6,253 Posts
then don't phrase it the way you did

say "stick with the PI and get yourself a new upper intake" (which is BS anyway) "because it is more COST EFFECTIVE, and is better based on your selected power range"

don't knock sh!t just because you can't afford it.. most of the big dogs have used a bullitt/svo style intake and were some of the fastest N/A birdies around....i was going bullitt for a long time until i got a supercharger bug up my tail

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
...While on the subject of bad advice giving... while you buy that Accufab TB and elbow don't forget to get a TB spacer too. It adds 15HP. No bullitt or SVO intake will ever come close to the power gains.
Interesting. Do you recommend the spacer with or without water passages? :confused:

then don't phrase it the way you did

say "stick with the PI and get yourself a new upper intake" (which is BS anyway) "because it is more COST EFFECTIVE, and is better based on your selected power range"...
For low cost I prefer the HPS intake. It is good flowing intake and is more flexible than the bullitt intake because it gives you the ability to shortening and port the runners.

·
Registered
115 Posts
. Also when you talk about shinning above 6000 there are only a few people here that are spinning a 4.6L harder than 6K because you need alot more than just a bullit intake to spin the 4.6L higher. Not too mention i thin (don't quote me) the trick flow intake and edelbrok setup are cheaper and if you wanted a screaming 7000rpm motor why not something like the edelbrock.

I hardly consider a set of cams and a PI intake alot of work to spin over 6k. Those two things move peak power close enough that your shift point should be over 6k to make the most use of the power even though it doesn't peak that high.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You have to wonder why some have gone back to the plastic PI intake though. Particularly at least one really quick bird.

I just don't think the Bullitt intake setup is worth the price and it's definitely heavy.

But of course this is only my opinion, I could be wrong. :)

Darrin

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
it makes for easy installation of a 90mm MAF :) It soaks up alot of heat though. BUT... as long as you are moving it is just fine. Enough air Gets under the hood to keep the heat away. and it looks damn cool...

I can't say much. It came with the car so it wasn't really that big of a deal to me. But for someone looking for an upgrade. PI intake all the way. Most cost effective upgrade hands down. pick them up for 100 bux shipped with everything on them.

·
6,253 Posts
You have to wonder why some have gone back to the plastic PI intake though. Particularly at least one really quick bird.

I just don't think the Bullitt intake setup is worth the price and it's definitely heavy.

But of course this is only my opinion, I could be wrong. :)

Darrin
i agree darrin.. it is a heavy sum***** and its gains are at the upper end of the power band... unless you need it up there, it is a waste

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
has anyone here seen/heard of major gains NA with the edelbrock unit. Most modular stang guys say for a higher reving 2v the edelbrocks the ticket?

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
just stick with the Pi heads and intake. get a trickflow or accufab elbow/bigger TB and that will gain you more than a bullit intake.

More bad tech from this guy, becoming quite a regular thing here.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
engine is simply stock PI heads on NPI block with Crower Cams

PI intake with C&L elbow & Accufab 75mm TB vs stock SVO intake with dual 57mm TB (nothing else changed):

sure the gains wont be as great with just regular ol' PI cams.....but hey, who buys a bullitt/svo without gettin cams anyways? :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Haha you guys make me feel like a window racer, which I know I am lol.

I knew someone that had a bullitt intake for a real good price, but it seems like theres alot more money I would need to invest in a bullitt intake build/setup, better cams/springs, full port if your that far into it. Real good info fellas

Congrats on all the progress you gurus had made with our cars. Since I have came back you guys are all knocking on the 13's and 12's in the 1/4 mile and thats awesome. Peace

1 - 20 of 38 Posts