TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
First start witht the basics. Intake tube that fits the thing, you will want a larger MAF, Im not sure how the other guys got around the fuel lines; they probably had special ones. The problem is that your rail will not fit without modification. It would run through the center of the plenum area. You can cut the brackett and run it behind the plenum but Im not sure how close it will be to the EGR tube. Make sure you have a flexplate that fits the crank and a connerter since you will be in there. I do not know what kind of front accessories you have so you will need to think about that and coil brackets. Add a chip and that should take care of the whole deal. Im in the middle of doing this with a 5.4 same intake.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you'd need to change throttle cables, tap the intake for the vacuum assissted brakes, and run the bullitt alternator among other things.

the heads/block are the same so look up the bullitt intake swap, you'd have to do that.

·
8,239 Posts

you need the bullitt throttle and cruise cables.
you need to rewire the alternator wiring harness, and go to the slim alternator.
you will need to move the bracket for the cruise control.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Justin, thanx for picken up the slack on that. I forgot to add those in there. Your car looks sic. Can you post more pics. Im quite interested in what the rest looks like.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are bringing your new toy out to Ohio soon right??? You can help withg the engine swap when I finnaly pick a engine. I am hoping to go with the one in my pics above...

Later,
jay

·
8,239 Posts
@seawalkersee- I will take a bunch of photos of the car, the thing holding me back is that it is under a cover in winter storage soon, and the weather just plain sucks up here, but when spring breaks I will shoot some.

@jay- I will be sure to bring it down to ohio a few times this season. I'd be more than glad to help you out with whatever you need. I am coming down in early march to help jesse with his project and hang out with you guys for a weekend, but I will be bringing the truck, not the car.

JH

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
I'm in the process of dropping my motor and trans in. I'm just waiting on misc. parts before I begin now.

I was told the fuel lines/rails don't need to be modified. I believe there are enough vacuum ports on the intake to run the brakes. I ordered up a new 6 bolt flexplate. I'm using a 3500 stall PI triple disk. Justin hit the basics that I know about. You would need to get one more coolant temp sensor and install it where the Plug is on that crossover for the coolant.

The motor swap makes it easier! Less parts to pick up and match up. I am going the motor and intake route separately so I have to get all the little crap ordered(most of it's here).

You will need to fab the EGR tube for the T-bird set-up.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey Justin. What did you do with your fuel lines. I put the 97 ones on the Bullitt and had to cut the mount from the back line and let it hang. I dont have the EGR mocked up yet so I could use the help before I get there.
:thumbsup:

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
I looked at the rails and my stock 96 crossover fuel lines. They won't fit with the upper plenum...I must have been mis-informed.

What have you guys done to run the soft fuel lines across the intake to the fuel rails. The back line must run behind the upper plenum and the front one just needs to be a tad longer and I think it'd work.

Lots of little stuff;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Okay, well I guess the others didnt want to help. The front line will work its just a pain. If you push it behind the first runner and bolt it down. Then cut the back line from the bracket and let it hang loose. Im going to take some plumbers strap and connect it to the rear of the upper plenum in hopes of keeping it from leaking. If you need pics let me know and ill shooot sum.

·
Registered
210 Posts

I used blue polyurethane hose for fuel lines, to reach stock rails.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A buddy of mine has it. If you want blue I will mail you some. other than that do a local search for polyurethane tubing. >Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts