TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys tomorrow I need to remove the bumper cover from my 95 xr7. I need to unbend the support so I can install a new header panel that I picked up today. Iplan to use a mechanical chain puller to pull out the corner a bit.

So what is the best way to remove the whole bumper cover? I know there are a few screws in the wheel wells but I dont where else it is screwed into I want to get this done as qucik as possible because it is going to start rainging tomorrow. Thanks for what ever advice you can give me, Jon.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
One day I removed the headlights, turn signals, grill, and bumper from my Cougar. It wasn't hard at all. Pretty easy to do with simple tools.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did it but it ended up taking me forever and it was raining no less lol. I ran into some problems trying to straighten out the bent up bumper support (frame ends not bent) that took some time, a sawzal and a 5 lb sledge hammer. I got the new header panel in the grill cleaned up and polished and tried to do the head lights but they were a lost cause. my friend who had the car before me really neglected it apearence wise, and had all the lights black siliconed in, that was a ***** to get off and its still not 100% off.

I gotta say it looks a lot better now but I lost one of the clips that holds the headlight in place and so I have a nice bouncy light anytime I hit any kind of road imperfection. I hope to find it or another one tomorrow. So thats my story of my first body repair lol.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Try and pick up a clip at a junk yard, get one online, or it would be easy to make one out of sheet metal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, Im trying to get the front bumper off my 96 tbird but im having trouble with those plastic pins in the front middle and the ones attaching it to the splash guard. Is there a trick to getting these off?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
One thing you could do, is take a pry bar and pop them, whether that breaks them or not, I don't know. But you should be able to get some replacements at an auto store. I know O'Reilley's has some of those types of things. You would probably want to get them first, unless you have a second vehicle.

Wait for someone else to comment before doing that, but it's an option if you have no time to spare, because it sometimes takes a while for people to answer on here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for that quick reply. I am in absolutely no hurry tho haha. This car has been off the road for months and im just finally finishing up the body and prep. I had originally thought prying those pins off would work but after I tried I heard a crack so that put an end to that idea real quick.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Or drill through the middle of them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts