TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used Bumper/Trim reconditioner products? I remember hearing that they run onto the body and it is a b!tch to clean off.
What are your guys opinions with these products? Here is one example of what I'm talking about: Bumper/Trim Reconditioner

If anyone has used the tire stuff on there let me know, I think I might give it a shot.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I personnally believe that all rubber/vinyl reconditioning products contain silicone now a days. The viscosity of the silicone gives the stick to surface/ vs./ easy to apply qualities the application purpose. Still can't figure out what foam products do, I guess that's for people that don't want to get dirt under their finger nails. But anyway, a heavy silcone product like Meguiar's endurance high gloss works premo on tires and old exterior trim. If your trim is still in good shape, use something lighter. For interior uses go real light . Warm water on a clean rag is best, if the finish is gone go heavier. Bottom line, never use anything stronger that what is needed on a finish product.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I use the Meguiar's Trim Detailer. The nice thing about that stuf is that you can use it on other plastic trim pieces that aren't black. We just got done using it on my mom's grand caravan and it looks a lot better than it did before. I use it on the cowl and any other place where there is rubber visible.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Best product I have ever used was Black Again. Unfortunately they went out of business and another company bought the line and changed the formula to add silicone. Now its crap.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nick, Nick, Nick.... Mother's. I got converted in the 80's and don't even bother trying anything else anymore. I always end up back with Mother's.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
Back-to-Black can be used on colored surfaces too (any rubber/plastic/vinyl), and contains no silicone according to the National Library of Medicine/National Insitute of Health.

Ingredients from MSDS/Label
Chemical CAS No / Unique ID
Morpholine 000110-91-8
Butyl acetate 000123-86-4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts