TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am slowing and am at low speed almost the car car completely stops, I can hear and feel a bumping from the front somewhere. I have pretty much ruled out anything in the brakes, and everything in the front end seems OK (as it always does whenever there is a problem). Anyone else have any problem like this? Oh yeah, it does not feel like warped rotors, and I also machined those recently (my twice-a-year rotor turning).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot one thing. Anybody notice if the V6 handles better than the V8? My car runs circles around my dad's V8, same year, but I do have 235/50R15 S-rated Indy 500s, as opposed to his stock 215/70R15 junkelins. But I have heard people say their V6 outhandles their V8. Just wondering. Gives me a good reason to brag about having a V6, lol.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Check your strut rod bushings. If it's one bump each time you slow down, I'd check those. If it's multiple in succession, check everything else lol. Typical stuff to check: strut rods, Lower control arms, upper control arms, balljoints, sway bar end links (those could also likely be the culprit). Hope this helps

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said, the front end is tight, and the bushings look ok. However they do have 10 yars and 152k miles on them. I might just end up having to rebuild the front end. I am just posting for this because I don't know what it could be (multiple bumps, by the way), and don't want it to be a safety issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts