TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A/C does not work, When i turn it on, the rpm drops about 200 for 1 sec. every 10 secs. After a while (a/c in window position) i smell burned oil inside the car.(blower workes fine)

what could it be??? refill or is it something else??

please help!!!

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
If you are getting a smell in the car, the A/C is in Normal which is fresh air mode put the A/C in Max A/C and it is in recirculate, the odor will go away and when the A/C is low or in low speed it will cycle on and off, have it checked for low refigerant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oke, but i like to find out wat that smell is. i do not smell it in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Some oil may have gotten spilled on the intake or something. Its probably nothing big, and as far as AC goes, I find them pointless and a waste of gas. Their too high maitnence neway. If it goes out, then worry about it, as of right now I doubt its hurting nething right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any way to switch off the a/c while in window/defrost mode. I want to use the blower on my window but i do not like the a/c kicking in every 10 secs. and dropping my rpm. (a compressor kill switch or something??) ( '93 5.0 LX )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts